Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

i love wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

jambo113

just spent my first day water fed pole ive got a basic set up a little backpack and a 15ft diy pole and i cant belive how much easier it is than trad takes half the time. dont think the misses is going to be impressed thow i can see myself getting a bigger and better system love it

I've never done trad, but i think i can see why some would be reluctant to change (current water shortages not withstanding). Seems to be almost an art form, getting your techniques nailed!.

yer i understand i like doing trad its an art, but wfp is so much quicker and first cleans are a doddle ive got a lot more confidence in my trad skills but wfp takes alot of of hard work out of the equation

yer i understand i like doing trad its an art, but wfp is so much quicker and first cleans are a doddle ive got a lot more confidence in my trad skills but wfp takes alot of of hard work out of the equation
well said i have been trad 20 plus years wfp is so much easier i do both i dont care what people say you have to do both

Is it really quicker? I had pulled up to do a house, and wfp guys pulled up just across the street, 2 poles vs 2 trads ( we had conny as well ) and we where in van and away before them!! Maybe they just slow?

I'm getting a wfp for all the high, over porches, dangerous windows. I will still be doing all the bottoms trad tho

i found it quicker i did 2 houses in 20 mins were as i normally do one but im not that quick at trad, im going to be doing tops wfp and bottoms trad also got a few customers who dont like wfp so ill have to do them trad

For the customers that don't like it, ask them why? If your windows are clean then what's the problem? Or do you want me to risk my life for a 5er?? That's what I'd say, in a nice way of course!

Most will understand...if they don't I chuck em.

Is it really quicker? I had pulled up to do a house, and wfp guys pulled up just across the street, 2 poles vs 2 trads ( we had conny as well ) and we where in van and away before them!! Maybe they just slow?

I'm getting a wfp for all the high, over porches, dangerous windows. I will still be doing all the bottoms trad tho
I had a similar situation recently, but in reverse!. I pulled up at my mates 3 bed semi, just up the street there was a couple of trad guys, already started on an identical house. I dont consider myself an especially fast worker, but i was done and away, and they were still at it!.

Water pole is great after you master the basic technique but the first few months can be a bit of a rollercoaster. If you stick with it,life will be so much easier. Did my first week without ladders, usually carry them on the car just in case

Water pole is great after you master the basic technique but the first few months can be a bit of a rollercoaster. If you stick with it,life will be so much easier. Did my first week without ladders, usually carry them on the car just in case
yer got a couple of spots were a bit of muck ran off the top frame but wasnt to back really the ones i did was all friends and family so they wasnt too fussed monday will be the real test when im back on my regular round

When scrubbing the top frame I use to attach a scrim wrap around the brush and wipe it dry gets most of the dirt off and then clean the glass as normal

Well i decided to mix wfp and trad so I decided to get a backpack set up instead of van to see how it goes I do love trad.

I've also started a house trad with a wfp chap doing exactly the same house and was halfway round mine by the time he'd got all his hose out. Up over the garage I went and watched him struggle to get over with his pole and away well before him. But to me they both have there pros and cons & I love using my backpack but do love trad. IMO the most important thing is not what fastest but as long as the windows clean and the custys happy and I thing used properly both do a good job.

Back