Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

removing fence paint off upvc and glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris clean

Hi guys had a look through some old threads on this but a few conflicting ideas. So i have a big house to do first clean plus facias gutters conny roof etc. The back door has spots of fence paint all over glass and upvc. I wacked on a nice bit to quote knowing it will take a while but what's your favourite or best way of cleaning this off? Any suggestions appreciated /emoticons/smile.png

Scraper , should wipe of the pvc with force , if not use white spirits or cellulose thinners

Scraper with a nice sharp blade for the glass

Magic sponge wet for upvc

I once tried to gently scrape paint off upvc frames with a scraper (way back in the numpty days lol) and all it will do is take chunks out of the upvc

Magic sponge is also good on the glass for just a few spots if it saves swapping to a scraper for just a couple of spots

Lol have plenty of numpty moments but you live and learn /emoticons/smile.png cheers for that daveboy I will give it a go with the sponge

It's white I'm doing so should be ok if i need to use it then. Maybe I will play it safety first and try on a tiny spot low down first! I know if i was this personni i would have whoever the hell splashed paint all over the door come back and clean it up rather than pay me to do it but I ain't complaining

They should of been more careful when painting the fence, I have one house i do where nearly every pane on there conservatory is splatterd badly, no way am I removing it, unless they ask me and it's ££££

e1596b3d0851a6509060472105cf46ee.jpg
81ba132577ed657dad18b5f53503fb5a.jpg

Tested a new cleaner today, nothing would shift the paint - my usual polish, HG heavy duty, isopropanol. It literally wiped straight off with this stuff. I assume it's the same from all suppliers just rebranded. But the stuff I used was bond-it solvent cleaner. I know a lot of the guys use a similar thing (smells like pear drops) but I was really surprised at how effective it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

eBay 361413912314. The guy I got it off isn't selling it anymore but the item number above is only 20p dearer at a whole £6. I've got another couple of houses to try it on in a fortnight so we will see if it's staying in the van full time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back