Plastic Gooseneck still stuck

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Andy, Dec 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Plastic Goosenecks Gardiner Pole Systems

Still have this stuck in the end of my slx have tried taking apart and using a spanner 2people one holding the pole 2 handed and one trying the spanner won't budge almost to it snapping and I can't fu** the pole by snapping the plastic off in the pole I need to use it. Went in easy enough when I put it in. Thought the Gooseneck fittings just slipped out to charge different fittings. Any ideas
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

ive nver had any issues like that but have u tried maybe putting it in boiling hot water for a few mins to see if it softens it all up enough to get it out?

3. simon

simon Guru

can you turn it round & sort of screw it out

4. 1576

1576 Newcomer

Put something long and thin enough inside the pole section and bang it on the floor. I used a length of copper pipe when I had the same problem. Shifted it fairly quickly if I remember correctly, couldn't budge it any other way.

5. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Yep, I once had to knock one out from the inside via a length of 15mm copper pipe.

6. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

OK thank you all. I'm thinking the copper pipe is the way to go

7. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

I don't know how it has gone so tight it slipped in and out as easy as anything when I first fitted it.

8. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

It's usually a build up of dirt that jams them. Doesn't take much to do it.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#9 spruce, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Personally I would sacrifice the resinek rather than chance damaging the pole. First of all I would try to gently warm the resinek with a hair dryer. It will need a fair bit of time. Some plastics can absorb water and swell. This is a reversible process with dry heat.

If that didn't work, I would cut it off at the clamp and then try to drill it out with a drill bit slightly bigger than the hole through the center of the resinek. You could probably drill it straight out but lining the drill bit up straight would be more difficult to judge.

I don't know what materials Gardiners use in its manufacture, but Nylon does absorb moisture and moisture causes the nylon to swell. I first experienced this on my Ford Sierra's front suspension when heavy duty nylon bushes were fitted to my front suspension components. In the cooler dry winter months in South Africa the suspension was noisy but in the warmer wet summer months it was tight. I always presumed it was the temperature difference but not moisture content until much later when it was explained to me.

Here's a bit of info;
    NYLON PLASTIC

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

I would say they are made from polypropylene. Id rather lose the Gooseneck than the pole but drilling it won't be easy it's proper in there and with out removing almost all the plastic inside the pole I don't see it collapsing enough to be removed

Advertisement