Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning in a Van/Defender/Pickup??

what to do?

• stick with the van and just pay up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sportline

Hi all

I brought a small window cleaning round (1 day a week) using the pole feed system. It came with a van, but I know van insurance is very expensive last quote I did was £1500 (feels like a killer as I’m only paying 350 on the focus ST)

Anyway was thinking I need something that can hold a 500 litre tank (so half a ton), would it be cheaper to have a defender or a pickup truck? Or would the insurance be just as much as I am using it for business?

Was thinking a defender or pickup truck as I will be able to use my no claim bonus plus can still use as a normal car when tank is empty… i know it will cost a little more to start with but long term gains could be better?

And ideas?

I reckon the modification of adding a tank will push up the insurance anyway. Have you tried getting a quote from a van insurance company that'll "mirror" your NCB?

Best you shop around for a better quote for your van as I pay about the same for both my van and car (approx £250 per year each).

Try A-plan (brokers) as I'm inured with Ageas through them for my old berlingo van.

Best you shop around for a better quote for your van as I pay about the same for both my van and car (approx £250 per year each).
whhhhhaaaaaaaat im paying over 1,000 a for my van insurnce! time o look around me thinks

madness i dnt c how they justify nearly 2k a year on nothing mines a grand and thats without the system! it ent that bad round ere either that or im just used to it now well actually people round here do abbreviate cov as city of villains lol and i do no quite a lot of people myself included who been stabbed for being in wrong place at wrong time but tbf i think its like in most england these days ent it

Yea its weird goverment f**cked up stuff, if i quote it from my aunties house in south london its half the price, its a load of ****

I run defenders, have done for over 10 years. If it is saving money you are looking to do I'd have a rethink. They are not cheap. You wouldn't see me in a van though....

Back