Ply Lining Transit Floor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Pride Clean, Aug 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

Hi all

I've brought a new van and need to paint the floor with a protectacote sort of paint.
    The van is already ply lined but i want to rip up the floor ply so i can paint directly on the the metal floor and then ply line it back.
    The thing is if i take up the ply line (depending on how it was put in) the chances are it wont be in a condition to put back on.
    The question a have is where can i buy just the ply line for the floor of my van?
    Ive looked about and can only find full ply ling kits...
    Thanks in advance for any help :D

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Hey, I painted my transit floor last week, it had ply down, with about 30 screws, there was quite a few screws I could not unscrew, so I had to rip the wood off.. Was scrap anyway and had no intention of putting back down.

I'm trying to find a large rubber mat, like honeycomb effect so water can drop through it. I think if your wanting to put wood back down you'd be best to protect it too.

I done a bit of shelving out of plywood from b and q, 12mm exterior sheets 2440x1220.. £30 a sheet, but I'd you have flyers take them in and ask to apply for a trade card, you'll get them for £23. Plus can save on other bits and pieces

3. Richard Hyde

Richard Hyde Member

leave the floor as it is,, get some rubber matting(ebay 16.00 a roll for 3metres by1.20 metres,glue that over the ply line,if ya do it clever ya can go up the sides a bit like skirting.. and silicone any edges for a complete wet floor area that wont damage van

4. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Im in same boat with this, do i rip the ply lining up

or seal it up and protectakote the actual wood?

Or do i rip the plylining up, seal all edges, then protectakote and leave it how it is? Metal floor

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Up to you it's your van!! I didn't need to seal any edges and the protectakote filled all the screw holes!

6. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

Thanks for the replies!!
    I would like to get the floor painted, with it being a transit i'm trying to prevent rust as best i can!!!!
    (Spent last weekend with it up on a ramp spraying the chassis and sills with anti rust paint!!)
    I think you may be onto something with leaving the re plyling and putting these rubbers mat/sheets on though, does anyone have a link...?
    Thanks all :)

Advertisement