Pole advice .. Again

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Hunty, Mar 3, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

#1 Hunty, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Firstly sorry all, this is a topic that is getting a bartering at the min...

But the new viper poles have put a spanner in my works, I have been going a year now and have had the vison of my Slx since I set eyes on them but now I have my readies and want to buy 2 poles an 18 and 30 and now not sure if they are what I want...

Now do I get 18 Clx or baracoda?

Do I get Slx 30 or viper 30?

There is a £100 difference near on, which is the price of the clx/bara, but are they the same quality the posts recently advise they are?

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

The smart clamps which only come on Gardiner poles will prolong the life of the pole substantially.

3. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Yes I agree with that but how long am I likely to keep the poles before replacing, realistically I think I would want a new pole every 2-3 years, would most clamps that are not the cheap models last this long anyway?
    If that makes sense

4. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Why would you replace a pole that didn't need replacing?

5. Jason Etheridge

Gardiner poles mate seem to be the best.
    I've done a lot of research, read reviews watched youtube vids...

Most people start with Gardiner gear... then try other vendors and then go back to Gardiner.

Personally I like the look of the Facelift clamps (me being a lefty)... but, you know with Gardiner you are going to get a good bit of kit.

What does everyone else think?
    Jase.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Gardiner do lead the market but that is also due to the fact that they have been around a lot longer than most.

No one can tell you what to buy, best you could do is go to a trade show and see what you like best.

I have both Gardiners and TCW Vipers --- 18ft SLX 18ft Viper -- 25ft SLX and 35ft Viper and to be honest..............

IN MY OPINION they are just as good as each other. TCW is always 10% cheaper on their poles 'like for like'

Take from that what you will.

7. Jason Etheridge

Good reply Green Pro Clean!

Don't forget that Gardiners chuck in free brush and guff also... so if you need a complete pole it might work out cheaper.

If TCW did that it would be a lot more interesting.

PS. I know I'm sounding very Gardiner fan boy here... however on my current setup I'm using an OEM pole (cheap as chips job) and a Gardiners brush.

PSS. I hate my pole... it's heavy and the clamps are rubbish... but on the plus side... it's helping me loose weight ;-)

8. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Tcw do include brush and bits

9. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Green, i agree with you, is it fair to say that gardiners have just not had the competition which is why they have been leader for so long.

Pro, I hear you here but I can't see me keeping the same pole for more than 3 years and using as my everyday pole, I will keep them but will replace if that makes sense.

10. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Jase I see you here, this is honestly my dilemma because it's do I save a bit of money on something that I am being told is as good as or something that is tried and tested over years

Advertisement