Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

streaks on glass

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Stayclearwindowcleaning

Been out collecting and noticed a few streaks on some glass I've cleaned on a few different houses I've never had any problems befor when useing cold. This week been using hot any Ideas temperature Between 40 to 47 on the heater. Thanks

Been out collecting and noticed a few streaks on some glass I've cleaned on a few different houses I've never had any problems befor when useing cold. This week been using hot any Ideas temperature Between 40 to 47 on the heater. Thanks
Can only think that the hot water has disturbed more of the dirt under the seals and caused bleeding? Are they streaks or runs of dirty water?

Can only think that the hot water has disturbed more of the dirt under the seals and caused bleeding? Are they streaks or runs of dirty water?
Streaks. what I can't get my head around is that I do there balconies As well just glass and still streakis on them. Can I have the water to hot ?

Sounds like salt , are you near the coast
Chws do u think i will always get this now ? Will I get away with useing warm water or just go back to cold cheers

I done a house right beside the sea today , first time wfp it has wooden frames also. I went back few hours later on the way home and it had streaks at the front where the windows where covered in salt and the back was fine , I'd try maybe a longer rinse, but then if you've been doing it a while I'm sure they've been in worse states than this time round?

I done a house right beside the sea today , first time wfp it has wooden frames also. I went back few hours later on the way home and it had streaks at the front where the windows where covered in salt and the back was fine , I'd try maybe a longer rinse, but then if you've been doing it a while I'm sure they've been in worse states than this time round?
It's been 8 weeks I last cleaned them will give it a never go next time with hot see how I get in. Thanks

Back