Pole help Clx vs Slx

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Hunty, Feb 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Hi all, so plan is get a Slx 35, can't wait and will be here before summer for the job I have in hand (will this reach 4th floor by the way)?

My main question though is for all my residential rounds is there a benefit in the Slx vs Clx if I only go to first floor with it, honestly?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Yes it's worth going carbon
    miles better feel

3. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

Will easily reach 4th floor with a 39-40ft reach then just strip down to a 22ft for residential day to day work .

4. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Thanks Iron Giant, that will be the plan for town houses I just wanted to get someone a little smaller for the resi work rather than using the 35 on every day stuff, will keep the life of it compared to something like a £120 Clx that to be honest I could sell on after 6-12 months and replace if that makes sense

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Cough up and get the slx, much better than the clx. A lot of the guys on here use the 18ft for standard residential stuff. I personally prefer the 22ft, as every now and then an extra high window pops up and I don't have to change poles. Also when its really windy, you can extend the 22ft pole in smaller lenghs so the pole remains rigid and can still reach

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Having had both CLX and now SLX poles I would spend the extra and get the SLX. The pole is much nicer to use.
    I use a SLX-18 and a SLX-35. The 35 easily does 4 storey properties.

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

SLX- the extra initial cost will pay you back 100 times over.

8. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Fair one and thanks for all the response, I may give some thought then as I may go for a 22 rather than 18 in that case as per the other thread asking that question.
    Have a great week all!!

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

defo slx the 22ft is a good pole or a 18ft if ur on a bujet u can then buy a extion in time for it alltho the clx range is very good pole its bendy but its still lite

10. Poles Apart

I started with a clx18 and to be honest it covered 95% of my work including windows above conservatories as for bend that only really kicks in when the pole isn't vertical it's still a hybrid carbon pole and personally to start up with one of these will do nicely considering the price, I'm using a slx 18 and 22 and my useful "little Nelly" but I may get another clx 18 for straight forward work.

Advertisement