Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it a bad idea to listening to music with headphone when up the ladder?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There is a very funny programme on R4 called 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue', and my wife gave me a CD of all the best bits. Now, I don't listen to anything while working, but thought that this particular day I would with my new cd. So there I was up on a sloping roof and laughing my head off, and had to stop because I felt it was too dangerous distracting me!!

There is a very funny programme on R4 called 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue', and my wife gave me a CD of all the best bits. Now, I don't listen to anything while working, but thought that this particular day I would with my new cd. So there I was up on a sloping roof and laughing my head off, and had to stop because I felt it was too dangerous distracting me!!
loool, yeah safety first mate.

Not sure why but in the last few days the boredom started to bother me bit more, sometimes when I have negative thoughts it just repeat itself over and over. I'm fine of course but some music will help.

loool, yeah safety first mate.
Not sure why but in the last few days the boredom started to bother me bit more, sometimes when I have negative thoughts it just repeat itself over and over. I'm fine of course but some music will help.
Nothing funny then!!!!

I personally have chosen not to listen to music when working on ladders, on roofs, or in areas with high traffic.

I want to be able to hear if someone yells as it could mean avoiding hurting myself or someone else.

Recently I just started to work alone again , so I'll start listening to music to beat the occasional boredom.

?

I am totally deaf in both ears and have been going up and down the ladder for nearly 15 years without problems so why would listen to music be a problem up the ladder?

?
I am totally deaf in both ears and have been going up and down the ladder for nearly 15 years without problems so why would listen to music be a problem up the ladder?
haha! legend

Just bought some sport earphones

I love listening to music while I work. When I'm up the ladder it's helps pass the time and boredom. When I'm doing something stupid (high windows, footing over cars or balancing on conservatory roofs etc) it would help to distract me. Not that I do that stuff that often now I have reach and wash. [emoji851]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I alway use a mono headset , keeps me entertained while i can hear anybody around . Like to listen to motivational talks and stuff ./emoticons/biggrin.png

Gorillaz new album out next month after a good few years off

I know what i will be listening to next month

Blur/Gorillaz is excellent

Last edited by a moderator:
Back