pole hose in or out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by tench0771, May 7, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

im trying my pole hose on the out side of the pole to morrow does any one eals do this i usly have it in side but i keep geting grit an sand jamming up the pole on wet days grrrr so think this will solve that an prolong the life of the sections:)

Advertisement
  2. keir

keir Guru

Tench, are you using an AD too?

You wont last 10 mins mate with it on the outside lol, it will drive you mental

Try this one too bud it will help, get a decent sponge, cut it down so its at least 4-6 inch long, then using something long and roughly the same diameter as the pipe and skewer it like a sheesh keebab.
    Then squeeze it up in the base of your pole, then feed the pipe back up through it and back up to the brush, this then will get most of the **** off the pipe as it slides through, the only problem with this though is your pole wont fully collapse but if cut the sponge down to say 2 inch then it should collapse pretty much

3. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

good tip m8 im using a aquatap at the minit as my aquadapter is leaking water down the pipe grrrrrrr im guna give it a bash to morrow c how it is:)

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When the hose picks up grass cuttings etc, I run a cloth along the pole hose when finished. I also reel in feeding the hose through a cloth.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Yep mines on the outside. Clip into my bottom clip & have no trouble.

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

well it lasted 1 pain of glass lol then i chucked it bk in the van an got my facelift pole out i think a ring on the bottom section could wrk tho with a stiff hose like the gardener yellow i may try an diy it soon

7. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

I can only see it being advantageous if you do commercial buildings with swathes of glass per side & you want to keep taking off sections as you work downwards. On residential properties it's going to get snagged on Sky dishes, hanging baskets, trees/shrubs etc

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have no real issues with the pole hose running on the outside of my poles.
    Just takes getting use to thats all and yes is great for removing/adding sections too.

9. cheapncheerful

drifting slightly off thread....sometimes you just have to try things to see if they work for you..

..i wanted to take big norris out, my 18 inch applicator/blade and so i put that boab on and of course my normal 12 inch in another boab....with three pockets as well it was a bit cluttered up....anyway i kept getting a wet elbow as of course big norris kept catching me... anyway although i liked using it on the patio doors i looked at the time and there wasn't much difference so i gave up and left it in my car...

but next time i was determined not to give up and by moving big norris to the front my elbow didnt get caught.....any way window cleaning evolves like everything and so i now just have big norris and leave my normal boab 12 inch in the car and it seems to be working...not quite got the knack of blading the smaller windows without leaving a crossover mark but i am determined i will eventually...still a quick scrim removes that problem....so to end my little tale....perseverance is worth it...:)

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

bigger is better they say... it's not the size that counts but how you use it:D

Advertisement