Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do they expect!?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I just read the whole thread, that makes for depressing reading.

The thread was in 2010, but I bet their are still idiots out there charging the same prices.

I know. It's those idoits that charge such stupid prices and do a **** job that make people think less of our service and businesses grrr.

£2.60!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm averaging £20 a house.

Interesting to read people's opinions and what they expect.

I can't think of a job I would ever do for two pounds and sixty pence. I'd rather do it for free than hold my hand out for that.

Some unbelievably tight gits out there...since my round is full every new quote is given at a hourly rate I am happy with and those existing houses that are too low are given a new price which they can take or leave....just got started on a new customer Monday, she was over the moon, said she had called every number on Yell and no one was interested...before I'd even climbed the first ladder a lady comes walking over in her PJ's desperate for a window cleaner, I figure this little roads worth a quick canvass and every door that answered signed up...then some thin lipped woman pulls up from getting back from shopping and asks if I will take a look at hers, small house, so minimum charge of a tenner..."oh, I don't think it should be more than eight" she says...old me would have given in, not any more...good luck getting someone when I've got all your neighbours just to try to save two quid I thinks...she'll come round, can't wait to see her face when I tell her first cleans double.

I had a custy give me her mates number yesterday

I text her as i was busy

She said this is my address can you do it monthly..do it and then tell me how much as i am away at the mo and I'll pay it in your bank

I know she will pay as is a good mate of my custy who is my wifes mate

Woman has got me 4 jobs so far all good custys who appreciate a good job

Why isn't everyone like that:)

I've just pulled up there to do fsg and then monthly windows

To be honest the custie and the windie are as bad as each other - why not just say your price has to go up or if you want frames included rather than a glass only clean it's extra and be professional about it. Customer can take it or leave it but for £2.60 they are leaving in a dream land.

two window cleaners,father and son, here in Gateshead in the North East are charging £2 per house,2/3 bedroom, every two weeks and have been doing so for a few years and have a large round.so hard to compete with that, people up here just looking for cheapest price, also lots of competition in the area on similar prices so making it hard to build my round up as I refuse to work for such low prices.

Complete madness..50 houses a day to make a hundred quid

Nutters..i can do that in around 7-8 jobs

two window cleaners,father and son, here in Gateshead in the North East are charging £2 per house,2/3 bedroom, every two weeks and have been doing so for a few years and have a large round.so hard to compete with that, people up here just looking for cheapest price, also lots of competition in the area on similar prices so making it hard to build my round up as I refuse to work for such low prices.
At £1 each per house they should take each other to court for failing to pay the minimum wage.

That can't of been a full time windy! £2.60? That's ridiculous!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You just know that these monkeys are cutting every corner possible to charge that money, and even then its too cheap. I just had a thought, 2.60 is even less than what I charge for 1 georgian style window.lol

well daveyboy1 wish prices up here were as good as other areas,priced house couple of weeks ago,large 4 bedroom 3 large bay windows,porch,9 other windows,French doors and even bad access over full house width for upstairs rear windows,quoted £12 and did not get the job.found out another lad doing it for £5.like banging head against the wall getting good prices up here

If I couldn't get £10-£12 per normal sized house I would do something different, not worth it otherwise.

2.60 there as bad as each other them people on that foroum joke and clowns do them urself dead on

lol i do 3 big houses together and 2 pay fine the othe 1 is bad payer so i missed them out and called to collect for money owed

done them yesterday her neigbours that is and as soon as i pulled up her husband came out said cud i do hers first . i said i was full todau il add them on next time he went in and musta told her

i then see him hanging out windows rubbin them and tht then she came round the neigbours house

OH DOESNT MATTER MY HUSBAND IS DOING OURS NOW AND HE WILL DO A BETTER JOB

the women i cleaning looks out and when she was away asked me wat it was about i told her then she sat watched him and said its funny to watch i done 9 houses in that street then i passed them again and he was still doing the windows lol#

poor ol cnut of a man has a ball bustr of a wife thatd do that to him

morale is

if a customer was cheeky enough to offer me silly money like that i think i would laugh at her face roll on the ground drink a bottle of juice laugh and cough it up lol take my clothes of and open the waste gate up on the water tank wash myself with pure water then give her a bill for watching me

well Im not amused she can coco writing about my window cleaning service like that...

I was going to do the frames and put it up to £2.80 but shes annoyed me now..:rolleyes:

before you say it...its not cheapncheerful...

my cheapest is £3.50....thats virtually front only two climbs...

although there is one downstairs at the back..

its actually worth £30 if he catches me...

yeh hes a great guy but boy he can chat for england.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Some serious tight a**es on that site. I dont think i have ever come acrosse one that tight to be honest. 9 out pf 10 are willing here to pay a decent price (ok most are more or less loaded) and the thing that usually wins them over are show up on time, amswer any question regarding wc, shake thier hands and just be nice and polite, thats my recipe.

My lowest price are eqivilant to 8.5£ and are 9 flat panes with no ladder, not cheap not expensive /emoticons/smile.png

Back