Pole Length

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Mike48, Mar 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mike48

Mike48 Member

I am just starting out and seriously considering buying a trolley system. It comes as a complete package with a 17 foot pole.
    Do you think this pole will be ok or should I go for something longer. If so what length of pole would you suggest.
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. gto

gto Active Member

i did the same thing eactly. i bought a 35l trolley with an 18ft pole.
    i then bought a small round, and found out that i needed a 25ft pole for town houses.

get yourself a 25ft, you will need it for over proches or conservatories anyway.

i also only used the trolley a couple of times before ditching it for a van mount system.

3. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Get the longest you can afford. I use a 30ft all the time and its still not long enough. If you can afford it I'd say get a 40ft and use the 17ft for every day work.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

For me I've found that a 17-18 is to short on domestic 2 storey properties I do with extentions & conservatories. So I now just use one pole a 35 with last two sections removed which I carry in the van so can put back on if needed for taller 3 storey work. That way saves me carrying 3 poles about in the van.

5. Mike48

Mike48 Member

hi gents, what makes would you suggest I look at. What web sites can I look at.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

To my amazement my slx-22 has been reaching 3rd floors and over extensions. Well happy. Only problem is the last 2 sections don't move up and down as freely now. What's that stuff called that you spray on the sections?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Your either got very long arms or stand really close to the wall to do 3 storey work with a 22 pole :D

10. OoO

OoO Guest

Gardiner poles. Be quick the have a sale on !!!

PTFE spray for poles.

Advertisement