Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank too big?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carts69

Hi, Just starting out wfp.. I’ve just purchased a secondhand 650 litre wydale tank & frame, the van I have is a early type Fiat scudo, I was surprised when the tank arrived how big it was, my question is.. will this tank be too big for this van, has anyone fitted similar into this type of van, will a 650 litre tank fully loaded be to heavy, should of asked these questions before purchasing   I know, but too late now! Any advice please?

Hi, from what I can see it’s 815kg, the tank & frame will no doubt bump this up a bit, although I suppose I don’t need to completely fill it.

from what I’ve roughly measured it seems a tight fit across the van, trial & error I suppose?

If your payload is 815 kg's then full you will be about 200 kg's overloaded if you fill it, the payload includes you and the hose reels, diesel etc. I would only put about 500 litres in max, even then you will probably be slightly overloaded for the first hour of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Giant & Part timer, mmmh seems I’ve gone too big on this spur of the moment purchase, maybe need to down size as I’ll be carrying other stuff too, ok cheers guys.

Back