Pole question!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by patrick, Mar 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. patrick

patrick Member

If you buy a pole can you add sections at a later date to make it longer ?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Not all poles you can add sections to but I'm sure Alex Gardiner would be the best person to ask

3. patrick

patrick Member

Thanks, is he of gardiner poles ?

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Indeed he is.

5. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

If you buy one of our Gardiner range of poles you can generally add sections at a later date. The CLX, SLX, Super-Max and Xtreme poles all have extension options.

6. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Hi Alex, If I were to buy the slx 25 could I add all the extentions from no. 6 to no. 10?. Also how easy are they to fit?. Do I need to rethread pole hose etc.
    I may need to ask your advise about which pole to use for cetain jobs. (ie. 3 storey houses, solar panels, velux windows on 3 story houses etc.)
    By the way, when will the slx 25 be back in stock.

Thanks

7. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Yes you can.

They are very easy to fit due to the quick release gooseneck and pole hose assembly - . To fit the sections, unclamp and slide out the gooseneck. Disconnect the gooseneck hose from the pole hose using the John Guest connector. Let the pole hose drop out of the base of the pole.Remove the end cap and slide on as many sections as you want to add. Slide back in a new longer pole hose pack (or the old one if long enough). Connect to the gooseneck and re-clamp the gooseneck in position and start using again. Generally this would take no more than 2 minutes.

Would I recommend using an SLX25 with extensions up to 47ft? For occasional work it would be fine used like this. However it will not be the most rigid working option. It would be better to have the 25ft for everyday work and then choose a purpose designed 45ft pole for the higher work.

8. patrick

patrick Member

Hi Alex, i am a total novice at pole work but i have had to get a trolley system due to needed it for some work, the highest i am will be cleaning is 4 storey, i wont be using the pole much to start with. What would you recomend ?

9. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Generally speaking you will not want to be working with a four storey pole for all of your work.

You could make do with one pole - 25ft and then add 2 or 3 extensions for occasional 4th level work when needed.

10. patrick

patrick Member

Ok thanks, as im only starting out using the pole and wont be using it loads what would you recommend ?

Advertisement