pole sections wearing down

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by gaz, Aug 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. gaz

gaz Member

hi all I keep having to buy replacement pole sections as they get worn down with use and when the clamp is applied it just spins due to the wear n tear on pole section, new clamps don't solve this as its the pole section whats wore down. does any1 else have this problem and is there anything I can do or use instead of forking out for new pole sections cos they aint cheap. I got a ntech carbon pole from pure freedom, another ntech glass fibre one and a phoenix pole. I get this problem with all these 3. ive tried taping the part of the section what is worn down, but eventually the rest of the section gets worn down.

Advertisement
  2. Put the clamp down few inches from end? Not ideal. One of my poles is so shagged, I have to close it up, tighten clamps, then extend it till it fastens.'

Maybe it's possible to cut 3 inches off each length of pole?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You probably need some better quality poles mate... They shouldn't wear down that fast, both my facelift poles are a year old and still loads of adjustment left in clamps, and my Gardiner poles are only 8 months old, but still, there's not the slightest bit of wear yet...

So perhaps get some new decent poles? Gardiner slx, or facelift Phoenix 'x' are both great

4. gaz

gaz Member

ISNT THE phoenix facelift x similar to the phoenix from pure freedom though? do you guys prefer full carbon or the cheaper carbon composite ones? im sure ive had full carbon before and they wore down so I switched to the cheaper composite ones , they just seemed same to me

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Full Carbkn defo, can't beat them for rigidity and lightness!

Didn't think pure freedom sold facelift stuff?

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Looks like pure freedom only sell the composite pole, you want the full carbon facelift Phoenix x or a Gardiner slx

7. gaz

gaz Member

ive had the full carbon ntech poles before and they were just as bad tbh so I swapped the full carbon sections with glass fibre ( or composite) sections and they seem better evan though they are suppose to be a poorer quality

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

There's your issue right there mate - ntech are a pants company for carbon poles, you need Gardiner or facelift Carbon poles

9. gaz

gaz Member

YEAH the glass fibre ntech actually seem better than the carbon ones. if I bought pole sections from a carbon phoenix x im assuming they would fit onto my phoenix carbon composite pole??

10. gaz

gaz Member

majority of sections are worn tbh, we have taped the worse parts at top then sawed them off but gradually all pole is getting worn.

Advertisement