Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole size for skylights

Spit & polish

Hi most of the houses i do are ground floor and first with a couple with an extra level which i can just about reach with red gardiner pole 22 and 1 extension (not fully extended)

but i want something i can use for skylights in the roof on a standard (ground and first floor ) home.

Also will an extended (like longest gooseneck help when im doing taller houses with small garden by busy roads. Thanks

Without seeing pictures it could be anything between 25-35 feet pole needed we have some bungalows we need a 35 foot pole for to do velux windows due to the slope of the land . 

I did a new one this week , 5 velux on a 2 story house. 
I could just reach with a 25 ft pole with 6ft extension. 
It does depend on various things though, including roof pitch and what’s on the ground etc. 

and a few ft extra would have been nice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi most of the houses i do are ground floor and first with a couple with an extra level which i can just about reach with red gardiner pole 22 and 1 extension (not fully extended)

but i want something i can use for skylights in the roof on a standard (ground and first floor ) home.

Also will an extended (like longest gooseneck help when im doing taller houses with small garden by busy roads. Thanks
It may benefit you to look at other properties to gauge an average height of roof mounted skylights and measure them with an affordable laser / ultrasonic measure as we can't answer the unseen

Depending on ground elevation fixtures fittings & window positions it could be 35 - 60 foot

Only you can answer this if you do the common basics

Back