Pole sticking

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Keith Allison, Sep 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Keith Allison

Keith Allison Newcomer

My Pole extension keeps sticking making it difficult to extend. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas of how to resolve?

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

what wfp have you got?i would recommend a silicon spray not wd40.plumbers merchants sell it.its a dry silicon spray,or gardiners sell it but its more expensive.

3. Keith Allison

Keith Allison Newcomer

It's a 30ft glyder.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

What make of pole is it? Is there dirt between the extensions? Or if it's a Gardiners pole, has the stop tape been chewed up?

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

take whole pole apart clean it all down then lube it up with spray on silicone

6. Poles Apart

That stop tape idea is terrible, I had a pole jam once with it stuck between 2 sections, took 2 of us 20 mins to pull them apart nearly gave up, just paint lines on now.

7. armagh27

armagh27 Well-Known Member

I find when my pole gets stuck a bit of saliva or ky really do the trick the wife doesn't like the feel of the silicon....shite I just keep forgetting what site I'm on must remember to only go on the sex one at night lol......

Advertisement