Pole tap

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Aide, Jan 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Aide

Aide Member

#1 Aide, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    How long can you switch the water off on your pole without it damaging the pump ? Or is this not an issue ? It looks like its been ******* down all around my house :confused:

Cheers (still learning)

Advertisement
  2. abs

abs Guru

What pump do you have ?

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

try a one stop remote from gardiners.you can shut down the varistream & pump automaticaly

4. Aide

Aide Member

I hope you can see what type from the photo

Attached Files:

5. cheapncheerful

good post aide....kinda wondering that myself...but....so far i am only using backpack and i presume as they were originally supposed to be crop sprayers they are used to stop starts...and run drys which of course always happens half way through the last window...

i do have a tap but i havent been brave enough to fit it yet....well...i presume you would have to fit it at the fully extended length...i just do a hell of a lot of running about....well it keeps me fit..:D

i must add.....someone has pre wet my windows for me this week so that always helps conserve my water...

6. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Your just cut the water supply with a tap, aqua tap, aquadaptor or similar. If you have a pressure switch on the pump (you probably can't see it) then it's fine on the pump. I've no idea if your has or not.

7. cheapncheerful

must do it ...will save a lot of running around and :swear: when i put the trolley one foot short of where i needed it...

8. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

I was looking at the purefeedom valve and had one worry, whenb i turn the water off on the valve, will it effetc my hose connections the pressur of water or the pump on my facelift back pack.

9. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Scottie you shouldn't have any issues. The pressure switch will cut in as it is supposed to and protect everything.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. freerider

freerider Member

U will see the pressure switch above the diaphragm (will have 2 wires attached).
    I use a trigger valve on my pole and water stops between each window, it's very efficient for saving water.

Advertisement