Pole the tops and trad the bottoms

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Leicester24, Nov 22, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Leicester24

Leicester24 Member

So I just looked briefly at a local cleaners website where he advertises the fact that he poles the tops and trads the bottoms.

But WHY ?

Surely just pole the whole house

With this method you are surely suggesting to your customer that the pole will do for the tops but we can do a great job of the bottoms by trading them ??
    Well if you have not confidence in the pole system then why are you doing the tops with it, just trad the whole house ??

Advertisement
  2. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

, we trading all tops and poleing the bottoms just to be different lol

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Nothing wrong with poling tops and tradding bottoms..it saves water for sure
    Why not advertise that if that is what you do??
    Considering no method is actually better than the other and all methods have their inherent advantages and disadvantages they are just being truthful about what methods they use
    And yes you can do a great job of the bottoms by tradding them
    This is obviously someone who likes trad but doesn't want to use ladders

4. Leicester24

Leicester24 Member

Good point about saving water
    However the huge reason for not trading the bottoms is, and I'm sure most will agree that the pole is quicker. Especially if you have the kit out having cleaned the tops

5. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I do it on 90% of my work. I don't Trad the tops anymore because after 22 years on the ladder without falling, I thought I was pushing my luck a little so decided to go WFP.
    Like Daveyboy says, nothing wrong with it. Some don't even know how to Trad o_O

6. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Started pole tops trad bottoms...moved onto pole tops and pole bottom windows I could easily reach then just pole everything lol still do big bifold doors or houses with massive panes of glass that open up the whole house as its a lovely touch leaving them all shining and completely finished up.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I wfp most stuff nowadays but still have days where i will trad bottoms to change things up a bit
    Still have the odd house that suits my harris pole and wag combo that i learnt to use before wfp
    Took a lot of effort to get so competent with it so good to keep my hand in
    I know if my wfp broke down i could still do a days work with no ladders and no issues
    Also it is very satisfying to trad well..more so than wfp imo

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Also not everyone is bothered about quickness. I prefer to know I've done a good job in 30 minutes then not so sure in 20.
    And no not saying you don't do a good job & not saying wfp doesn't do a good job.
    It's just my personal opionion the way I work.

9. Damo

Damo Guru

I know for a fact on some houses trad bottoms would be far far quicker.

I am just too lazy. That's my problem.

I have loads of top openers that spot each time. Vision has helped massively but I know if I did them trad it would be done in seconds lol.

I actually think wfp tops and trad bottoms is the way to go. Any hard Windows on the bottom you could just pole.

Over the years I would say 9 out of 10'complaints are always bottom Windows. So be nice to leave them dry before you go.

I won't be changing tho as I just pole anything including the cat lol.

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

on some houses were the panes of glass are massive i find it far quicker carrying my belt on bucket with me for it

Advertisement