Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bought some Ecover today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

Since we've had these horrendous winds, alot of us windys have been noticing how much dirtier the windows are, trad or wfp

I noticed once again today how much grit or just specs of something seem welded onto the glass and frames, a couple of windows today had like a really greasy film on, but they were very close to boiler flue's, these took some real scrubbing, its like every house needs a 1st clean AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!!!

Anyway after doing several houses today i looked back at one window, and it looked like i hadn't rinsed properly and left some grit floating in the water half way up the window so rinsed again but it was like it had been superglued on, scrubbed it and scrubbed it, spun the brush and used the built in scraper and got it off.

So i thought on the way home i will get some ecover and take a 25ltr tub to work with pure in, bang a little ecover in my bucket with pure and on bad windows just dunk the brush in then wfp as normal to see if it makes any difference, has anyone tried this? Will it work?

I know some of you do 1st cleans similar to this?

Tonight after tea i will put some pure in my bucket with ecover and see what tds it is

I use Ecover on Bottom windows doing Trad but cant bring myself to put it in the pure. I know Wagga tried it in his barrels but don't know what his conclusions were. Here's his vid if you havn't seen it.

[media]

[/media]

Nice one jimmyb i was looking for that vid

I should've done a search, cause after i posted this thread i searched and found loads of folk saying they used it for 1st cleans

I will use it tomorrow, i'll put a squirt in my bucket filled with pure and dunk the brush in then clean as normal, every window on my round is just terrible at the moment so looking for extra cleaning power

Bloody brilliant stuff innit?

I put a splash in a bucket of pure but to be honest it was a pain, slowed me down quite a bit but did what i needed to, but did what tuffers recommended and put a tiny bit neat on the brush for windows that needed it and really impressed but its even better for tradding with, makes fairy look and feel second rate

I like using it on windows with the water marks on, i find some of them just so bloody stubborn with water alone

All i do if needed now, is i have a tiny bottle of ecover (lemon) in my pocket, and when needed just put a drop on the brush neat, scrub windows and rinse.......perfect!!!!!

+1.....Great minds think alike Kier /emoticons/smile.png.
Bob on innit bingo?

Put a splash of water on said windows, foam up, go to some other windows for a minute then come back and wash and rinse.

Its been back doors and patio doors mostly i've been doing like this cause of the splash back from all the rain, sticks like sxxx to a blanket lol

I've used fairy the last week as run out of ecover. Must admit in my opinion it's nowhere near as good as ecover. I just could not get my squeegee gliding as I used to. Was worried for a while I was losing it lol. Bought some yesterday & the hour I did the s morning before the heavens opened up was much better & restored my faith. Never run out again :mad:

I used ecover after not getting along with fairy. It was so much better, also used ecover cream cleaner on some stubborn sills.

Im just starting and I always heard all you need is pure water. Now if you come to a stained window and do it with e cover and rinse off. When you come to the next few windows or house is the brush still not contaminated with ecover? Does this not affect the ppm?

If the next window froths up, just rinse till it goes. I've got a minger first clean tomorrow and I'll be using ecover neat on the brush.

hi i bet it doesnt but i am waiting for the replies as we all have a few of those and so far i have just ignored them so i await the wisdom of the forum as to what is the answer....

does ecover remove water stains?
I had one house that had a window beneath the toilet over flow and the glass was very stained. Nothing shifted it, not even elbow grease until I got some Cillit Bang limescale and shine on it. Try it.

5532387.jpg

okay i will try some clitty bang..but i hate the bloody ad.....i would just like to punch that bloke right in the smacker.....well some people...hey at least that is easy to buy...thanks.....

Back