Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Professional enterprise or lone ranger?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ur best not mate they will wreck your name then you wont get the good ones

could you not take them on at lower price then drop them off as you get better work

Think i might have to do that in the end @peter rogers as otherwise ill be stuck part time forever, maybe i need to lower my expectations a bit and admit in this area im struggling at the prices i want. Maybe i need to lower my prices and speed up a lot, i shall try a facebook ad at low prices just to see what the response is.

dont give out prices

start and as saying window cleaning from £5.00 and 5 being a flat with 3 windies

more customers means more people talk then when they talk you get referrels then u can price work well wen goig to them pepple

I've gone with and will stick with a 'professional' image, have everything except a logo'd tee (on the to-do list), but it is interesting to see everyones takes on how best to approach 'being a windie' :windowcleaner:
You should get the T done soon mate, mine only cost a tenner at a local print company and was done in an hour. Makes a difference I think. Facebook is also great, got another Gutter job today from it, so 4 in total with only a couple of clicks of a button. I'm also asking custys to like the page and leave a review for me on the page. Gets your name out there quickly.

I've also been asking for their address if the enquiry is through Facebook and telling them I can price it better for them by using google street view.

I have gone for the professional company image, but recently I am questioning it due to lack of enquiries, not sure whether it is my advertising choices or whether I should be going for the more local, one man bad type image? Maybe a local one man band gives off the impression of being cheaper and thats more desirable than a professional windie I don't know.
What do you think is the best path, professional company or one man band?
For me personally my approach was always to put the 'brand' at the forefront when I started up, yes I could of saved loads of money by going in with average kit and a estate car etc but I have always been a beliver of strong branding and a professional approach, and I was lucky enough to have the cash to buy good kit, once that is done then build a very good repuation to make you stand out from the crowd, I took my time on 1st cleans (still do) and went the extra mile on lots of jobs and had those customers wowed, who will probbaly never leave me now and mention me to friends family etc, I also built it this way for future progression in more vans on the road one day and a strong branding is what makes you get noticed by the right customers. Thats a bit of my view anyway, costs a bit at the start but looking back I for me did it bang on for now and future growth of my business.

Very well said Trevor that's also what I was thinking - a strong brand for future expansion, and of course, going the extra mile with customer service...

oh and another! just quoted 10 for a 3 bed semi, thats dear was the reply, ok how much were you expecting? i was paying 7 before. ok so youre arguing about £3 then, really ?
i might start taking these customers on and giving them the most slap dash service imaginable lol
Ive be fortunate not to have many pi## takers when it comes to pricing jobs, but when I have I've really wanted to say something along the lines of " If your mate sat there and said, Tell you what would you like to come round my house and clean my conservatory Inc all the frames,sills,guttering,glass and doors spotlessly for £5?????? Would you say yes????I DONT FLIPPING THINK SO, Jog on buster!" Sometimes you just need to step back and just realise what a great job we all do for the customer and walk away smiling.

Back