Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Free Advertising For Your Business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

james44

Advertising for your business!

Thought I would write this to help any newcomer who wants to get their business off the ground, as we all know it is not easy to get customers at the rate that we would hope for when just starting up! Add to that the costs to get flyers, business cards ladders,poles etc; it all adds up! The hardest part is building up a customer base, you can post flyers door knock this all takes time, well their could be a fast new way to get customers without all the expense of flyers, or door knocking! and for anyone who wants to expand their customer base! This can get you new customers faster!

Well only a few nights ago I came across I think can be a very good opportunity to reach customers without having to pay for advertising or canvassing!

How does it work!

Well I would like to think that most if not all window cleaners have a facebook page,

Well now is a very good chance to make this page work for you 24/7.

Well when you go onto your facebook page type into the search box Ayrshire buy and sell, there you will see that there are over15,000 users to that group! Have a good look and see what it is all about!

Now go back to the search box and type in your own area! See if there is a buy and sell in your area if there is join it, if not start one up yourself!

Now once you join it and you see something that is a real bargain post it on your facebook page tell all your friends and family about how good this bargain is or post it to theirs! Keep posting all these great bargains to freinds and family, this then creates and interest for others to join the group, they then start to post to their friends and family and so on, just keep spreading the word! Its to your benefit,

So once you have joined the group start posting all your info about your window cleaning services, do this on a regular basis and once customers start seeing your ads they will be contacting you! And it wont cost you a penny to advertise!

But do comply with the group rules otherwise they will ban you!

Before long you will soon be getting customers contacting you for your services!

If you have a good look around the Ayrshire buy and sell have a look at older posts and you will see other businesses are using this new way of advertising opportunity!

People are buying stuff but have no means to pick up the larger items that they buy, so are asking within the group for prices to pick these items up for them from the white van and man businesses that are advertising on there as well,

I know of one guy who has a van and was struggling for work but due to this new buy and sell group is being kept very busy, other businesses are picking up work as well go through some posts and you will see people asking them for prices for certain things!

Now this buy and sell group thing is fairly new on facebook some areas have a lot less members than that of my area , but if you want new customers for your business this is an ideal opportunity to do it, and its all for free!

Start promoting your area now spread the word it will soon pick up faster than you think!

Remember this group page runs 24/7 and as it is fairly new you want to get your business on there now before it is flooded with window cleaners within your area!

This is a great opportunity to give you a headstart to your new or existing business!

So if you are just starting up or want to expand get onto to this now!

If you get customers from the group page make sure you do a very good job and customers will start recommending you to their friends and family and all the group members will be able to see this as well,

So good luck to you all

So Just keep spreading the word to everyone on your facebook page and even to your existing customers tell them all about it, they to will soon start spreading the word!

i did not know anything about this until monday night since then nearly everyone i know has been linking me to it, spreading the word!

its not like your facebook page where friends and family will link your window cleaning page this reaches far further!

all you have to do is link it to your friends and family and them to theirs and it just goes mad lol.

What happens if someone sees something that is really cheap they then post it on to someones facebook page and then everybody can see it, they keep doing this and that then creates interest and people start to use it more and more! and before you know it you will have 15,545 users just like my local ayrshire buy and sell group page!

ps. almost forgot, when you logon to your facebook page go into your privacy settings and change the( control your default privacy) to public!

normally this would be for friends only but as we are targeting the general public on this occasion we will have to have it set to public, you can change it back to friends only when ever you want to!

so what happens is that everytime you post about a great bargain on the buy and sell group page all your friends will see this post automatically as will the general public! keep posting and this will create a lot of interest! guiding people to the buy and sell group page!

so you have just posted a link to a really good bargain on the buy and sell page on your facebook page!

it is at this time that you post about your services as your and their friends and family will be logging in to have a look! to see what other bargains there is to be had other than the one you have just posted!

Cheers james.

Good post James and I'll confirm to everyone that reads it that it does work, not for everyone but it has for me and it's generated a lot of work.

works for me too, easy way of gaining new custys, sound advice and rep for the in depth article, should be stickied

works well for me i do it about 3 times per week and ive built neally half my round from facebook, ive started getting people reccomending me now just from seeing me on there all the time, and its NOWT the best price of all

works well for me i do it about 3 times per week and ive built neally half my round from facebook, ive started getting people reccomending me now just from seeing me on there all the time, and its NOWT the best price of all
Well done matey

Tip! for those of you who are thinking of doing this!

When you get your first customer ask them if they wouldn`t mind going on the buy&sell group page to recommend you!

ask if they will post this for you for once every night for 5 nights! even if you have to give them a discount of £5 off their clean this will get more customers for you,

do this with every new customer that you get and your ad will soon be posted every night of the week for everyone to see!

futher to the recommedation postings by your new customers you yourself will be posting your ad once every night as well this will generate a lot of work for you!

You can also have friends and family post recommendation posts for you as well.

I wouldnt bother telling my customers to post that... some people havent got time... It can come across as a bit rude sometimes :\

Some wont mind.. but some will think awwwh i cant be assed... but they will say okay 2 u just 2 fob u off /emoticons/smile.png

And once every night for 5 nights ? Are u mad mate ? Even i cant do that sometimes why would a customer want to do that ? Lmaoo...

mayaswell make another facebook account and do it yaself matey ! /emoticons/tongue.png

Tip! for those of you who are thinking of doing this!

When you get your first customer ask them if they wouldn`t mind going on the buy&sell group page to recommend you!

ask if they will post this for you for once every night for 5 nights! even if you have to give them a discount of £5 off their clean this will get more customers for you,

do this with every new customer that you get and your ad will soon be posted every night of the week for everyone to see!

futher to the recommedation postings by your new customers you yourself will be posting your ad once every night as well this will generate a lot of work for you!

You can also have friends and family post recommendation posts for you as well.
I've got to be honest I think thats a bit overkill and will end up you getting banned from the pages cos they all run by little hitlers.
And folk get bored very easily, yes people may know your name but they may also block it cos they sick of seeing it.

agreed, i wouldnt get the custies to post the add for me, but it would be a good idea to ask the new customer to post on the page that they used your services and are happy with the result, would recommend etc.

I've got to be honest I think thats a bit overkill and will end up you getting banned from the pages cos they all run by little hitlers.

And folk get bored very easily, yes people may know your name but they may also block it cos they sick of seeing it.
Understand what your saying but as people are constantly posting on these buy & sell group pages you ad is not going to be seen for very long,

The rules of most of these groups is you can post only once in one 24hr period, 5 nights a week does seem alot, but i have been watching quite a few who do post 5 nights a week on a regular basis, admins dont like it really but even they know it wont be on show for very long! and just let them run!

must admit ive had a few warnings from over posting i stick to around 3 times per week, works for me, and 9\10 the custys who ive got comment on there saying im awsome lol

Its like Spam if you continue doing it /emoticons/tongue.png your customers are going to help you spam ? cool lol

Back