Pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Bernie, May 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Bernie

Bernie Active Member

Hi new to this lol...what's the best pole sizes to start up with will only be doing houses at first. And do I need diff brush heads.

Advertisement
  2. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Hi Bernie,

If you're only going to be doing residential properties with 2 floors, so you only need to reach up 1 level, then an 18ft pole (22ft reach) would suffice. If you want to do dormers, or 2nd story / 3rd floor windows regularly, then consider at least a 22ft pole, or go for a 25ft pole.

The shorter the pole, the lighter it will be to work with. So you only want to buy a longer pole if you have the work to justify it. Having said that, depending on the material used to make the pole, there are now poles that reach longer and are lighter than the shorter equivalents in some ranges!

Quite a few poles will allow you to add sections later, so you could buy a shorter pole then add sections to it if/when you need the higher reach.

Hope this helps.

Paul

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

all depends on budget, as a 27 clx is cheaper than a 18 extreme, but the extreme is light and will allow you to work longer, but a clx can be stripped down

4. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

Definitely a 22ft pole 25ft reach, it will reach some 3rd story. I use mine for 99% of my domestic work. IMO an 18ft would not be worthwhile as even on some domestic work this would be too short

5. OoO

OoO Guest

I use an 18ft extreme for about 95% of my work.

But I would buy the a new slx. Then you can add extensions mate.

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I have used a 18ft & reach 3rd story flats.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

You must have long arms or are very tall posh lol

Advertisement