Poling without leaving drag marks

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by mark2788, Mar 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

I've just started using my Mr longarm pro curve that I was given, now realise how good it could be but I'm just finding as I pull down I'm leaving drag marks, I do everything you should like taping the blade, cutting in at the top etc but want to know how else I can eliminate these lines as I think this pole could help my business no end

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Pull the blade down at a slight angle, it eliminates the water moving to one side every time

3. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

Yh i mean I've been a window cleaner for a few years and some windows are fine poling but it's just some where I pull down from the top and drags water down, so annoying sometimes

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I find is much easier with my unger ninja due to the extra angle on the head, it seems to be better on the glass. I drag/tap a few times on every pull though.

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

did find the sorbo squeegee was ideal for pole work

6. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

Can I ask why? I've got the under vice versa as it saves alot of time

7. Posh

Posh Hero

I got the longarm to. Still getting used to it & still get lines??

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I find two things key here (and this is my findings not the law) Speed and pressure.

Most newishbees on the pole try to go too fast and try to keep the squeegee pressed on the glass a bit too hard. (IMO)

I think a good one to watch is Polz N Blades on You tube, His poling is methodical, and steady, not hurried at all, the old addage of more haste less speed rings true here I think.

Secondly stop trying to press the squeegee on the glass nice an firm, just let it rest and do what it does best.

These are observations I have made over the years training new window cleaners perhaps these tips will help you.

Another key fact to note when you see the yanks on the poles at 10000 mph is every pane of glass they are on is 20 ft high and 30 ft wide, not small residential windows like we get here.

Hope this helps

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. mark2788

mark2788 Active Member

Been practicing today again, most of the time is fine, just hate those lines on the top, yh it is because we have smaller windows. That does help thanks think sometimes I try and do it too quickly and on the long run it takes longer when you have lots more detailing to do

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i would try a different rubber brand . Some makes stutter especially hard rubbers . moerman rubber soft works good for pole use as it hugs the glass

Advertisement