Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello from the North

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello everyone,

What a great site this is, the amount of info is amazing.

So a bit about me, i am 31 and new to all this window cleaning malarkey, i've been self employed for a number of years doing loads of things.

I have fell into window cleaning by accident, my sister not being able to fine one so i thought if she couldn't then other people would be in the same boat. (she lives in the Scottish borders)

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

So two weeks ago i thought i would go out and canvas a street and see what response i got, 3 hours later i had 18 houses from £5 for just front windows (3 doubles) to £20 for a full house with leaded windows on the front.

I done a 2nd street a few days later and picked up 8 more.

I done all the first cleans 4 weeks ago now, took ages! I done the first matinance clean this week and it was so much quicker, id say about 2 or 3 times faster, its working out at about £20/25 an hour.

Im just in the process of doing a website and business cards.

Its all done Trad, but thinking of going WFP as when i was doing one house a guy pulled up across the street done the same size house and was away in 8-10 mins, took me 35-40 mins.

Thank for reading and look forward to chatting to you all.

Mark

Great start.:thumbsup: Stay trad for a while though imo, build up a bit of a round, and get some skills before making the switch.

Welcome mate and nice one on getting up and running sounds like a flying start! I am in early stages of my set up too and although there are lots of Windies about here i am getting the same responses. No ones knocked doors here for years and the one I use doesn't turn up regularly. Hope it goes well

Its all done Trad, but thinking of going WFP as when i was doing one house a guy pulled up across the street done the same size house and was away in 8-10 mins, took me 35-40 mins.
He prob had to go home to get more water mate. He will be back to finish it off later:D

Welcome mate, sounds like you have hit a good spot from just a couple of streets..

Keep building and defo go WFP, far faster & safer, you will be upping that hourly rate in no time, along with impressing your custys with gleaming frames, doors & glass.

Latest Posts

Back