Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first commercial building cleaning job: Pricing help!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sjs408

Hello brothers, I have been cleaning windows now for a little over a year (mostly residential) I have recently invested in a Water Fed Pole and DI system and will soon be taking on my first commercial job for a family friend who owns an office building. I was just wondering if I can get some help on pricing it? Any tips ? Advice? Its a 4 story building. I have attached pictures of the best angles i can get it at as well as a Sky view of the building.

Thank you guys for your help

3e550136f82d7478bf4e522972d6ce7c.jpg

79d5ca5c60ad25e1e119235caab56c85.jpg

544a2b9d27eb997ab58362b9c48845b4.jpg

c47e80bbb084d2aa53c0a4390ab9288f.jpg

aa74d74655000b4338e7fe9afb8efb90.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I personally won't even consider taking a job of this size on.

We obviously don't know the ins and outs of legislation in Canada so can only advise how to tackle it if it were in the UK. Then added to that would be a RAMS assessment we would complete. (Risks and Method Statement.) We would also need to ensure our public liability insurance covered what we were working on.

I can't see how deep the concrete ledges are but it might be worth a try with a long reach gooseneck and a wide brush for stability.If not you will need to use a cherry picker to get to the glass behind those concrete ledges.

You would then need to include hire costs including an operator into the pricing. You will need a pole long enough to reach from the cherry picker. On the third photo you show several levels having balconies with glass safety panels. Ideally you will need to get onto the balcony to clean the outside glass.

What about equipment? I would imagine you would need a 50' pole to reach to the top. What about water? You will need an ample supply each day as your pump will run for the majority of your working day.

You will need to break the building up into sections and estimate a time it will take to clean each section and price it on a daily rate. I would add 50% onto you time estimate as I'm sure you will find obstacles you didn't notice when quoting.

I would say that this is going to have to be done over a weekend/s as cars in the car park are going to be an issue.

I don't know how fit you are but that's going to be a 'killer'. I think it would take me about 6 working days on my own but would quote 9 price wise. It will effect your normal residential schedule of window cleaning.

Isn't there a large local window cleaning company you could subcontract to job out to who know what they are doing and have the equipment to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back