Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That pump is useless, i will buy it off you if you want /emoticons/tongue.png

HaHa /emoticons/tongue.png

Thats a big boy pump mate, i think she does over 6L a minute. Prob 6.4/6.3

Flow controller yes, as long as the pressure switch works,

Problem is these pumps can eat pressure switches and at £22 a pop or whatever they are, they aint cheap!

To avoid that you can fit a digital one, but my advice is avoid digital. Nothing but a nightmare!!!!!

That pump is useless, i will buy it off you if you want /emoticons/tongue.png
HaHa /emoticons/tongue.png

Thats a big boy pump mate, i think she does over 6L a minute. Prob 6.4/6.3

Flow controller yes, as long as the pressure switch works,

Problem is these pumps can eat pressure switches and at £22 a pop or whatever they are, they aint cheap!

To avoid that you can fit a digital one, but my advice is avoid digital. Nothing but a nightmare!!!!!
It look sidentical to the one I have in the van just wasent sure if i could wire a flow controller to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260967700091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I bought that ^^ , Im sure Mark M found it. Ill see how I get on with that if its no good Ill buy a digital one. I get on okay with the one I have for the van mount.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Got that at a good price,

I got a 100psi 5l in my van, got my own built dial flow controller and works great, 2 year use out of it so far and no problems with pressure switch.

Friend has used the same as me for several years with no problems,

I think the pressure switch Myth is just that, i dont know of anybody that has had one go.

its a myth i think.

I went for the 5L a min pump as well, glad i did /emoticons/smile.png

And yeah he did jammy get!

I think the pressure switch Myth is just that, i dont know of anybody that has had one go.
its a myth i think.

I went for the 5L a min pump as well, glad i did /emoticons/smile.png

And yeah he did jammy get!
Think the only they go is when water gets into them and shorts them out.
There is another one on there for 19.99+p&p at the minute. Lol

Got that at a good price, I got a 100psi 5l in my van, got my own built dial flow controller and works great, 2 year use out of it so far and no problems with pressure switch.

Friend has used the same as me for several years with no problems,
I had a look at yours, you did a good job with it. How did you make the holes in the box? Drill them?

I had a look at yours, you did a good job with it. How did you make the holes in the box? Drill them?
Yer then put a very little amount of silicone seal around the hole to keep it water tight.

With the ones I use now they are screwed onto the lid, there are some fixing tabs inside the box,

On the ones I used to used I used double sided foam tape.

It look sidentical to the one I have in the van just wasent sure if i could wire a flow controller to it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260967700091?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I bought that ^^ , Im sure Mark M found it. Ill see how I get on with that if its no good Ill buy a digital one. I get on okay with the one I have for the van mount.
No - the flow controller is 6 amp. Someone else tried it and its melting - he has now gone for a higher amperage one.

You don't need a big Shurflo pump with a trolley. You don't need to pump the water through 100 mters of hose. Use the pump on your van and get a smaller capacity one for your trolley.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Fed-Pole-Trolley-Backpack-DIAPHRAGM-PUMP-12V-ON-DEMAND-4L-MIN-80-PSI-/120910711621?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item1c26d70b45

This is better as it draws a lot less current and you will be able to use that controller as well. Small pumps mean smaller batteries.

How you screwed it in the lid. Wouldn't that put a hole in it?
Here is the inside of one of the boxes, there are 8 tabs that stick up, the 4 in the corners are the ones for the screws to hold the lid to the box, then there are 4 others that can be used to screw what ever is to be kept in the box to the lid.View attachment 1322

No - the flow controller is 6 amp. Someone else tried it and its melting - he has now gone for a higher amperage one.
You don't need a big Shurflo pump with a trolley. You don't need to pump the water through 100 mters of hose. Use the pump on your van and get a smaller capacity one for your trolley.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Water-Fed-Pole-Trolley-Backpack-DIAPHRAGM-PUMP-12V-ON-DEMAND-4L-MIN-80-PSI-/120910711621?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_BoatEquipment_Accessories_SM&hash=item1c26d70b45

This is better as it draws a lot less current and you will be able to use that controller as well. Small pumps mean smaller batteries.
I see, Ive bought this one. Ill use this for my DIY trolley and the other for my van mount set up.

Back