Portable Card Payments

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by rcproperty, Jan 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

signed up to this company that has a card reader coming out that will take any card.

it connects to your phone via bluetooth and you get the payment with-in 3 day into your bank account.
    you also can use it at home and take card payments over the phone or on your website.

your not tied to a contract so can leave whenever you want,

contact number :- 0161 8553979
    email:- andy@payyours.co.uk

The PayYours app will allows:-

Website Checkout
    electronic-invoicing
    Virtual Terminal for all Visa & MasterCard Cards
    Recording of Cash
    Complete only transaction reconciliation (Book-Keeping)

Cost is £99 Admin fee to get your MID, reduced to £50 using Promo Code DKEY256844

£6/month to run and rates are 2.65% on Credit Cards & 49p on Debit Cards
    Minimum Monthly Tariff Charge is £5.

System is end to end fully encrypted so there are no PCI charges

We can download it to customer now and it will be in all app stores direct from early February.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

How much do you pay then?

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

have to check up as i havent paperwork to hand, i think its 2.15% per transaction on private cards and 2.65% on commercial/business cards.

payatrader is 2.90% per transaction

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Madness if you ask me :D

Why bother with that as if they don't pay by cash then simply asking ppl to pay directly into your bank will cost you nothing. :rolleyes:

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

extra tool to have, some people still dont have online banking, plus if you do go out collecting and they say they have no money you can ask if they have a bank card and then they have no reason not to pay!

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My advice would be keep good paying customers on your books and drop the ones that mess you about Simples...

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i dont have any messers on my round, never have done. all pay on time, 2 years on and only outstanding money to come in is from yesterdays cleaning, but thats all online anyway.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

hmmmmm so you would be happy to keep paying out extra monthly fees for so say another tool that in your own admission you would rarley use :rolleyes:

" Costs are VAT exempt. Other costs apply to Special Cards, non UK Cards, and when the customer is not present. These will be detailed in your offer prior to any agreement being taken up. Refunds are charged at 29.5p. Chargebacks only occur if the trader fails to take corrective action and are then £15.00 only. An administration cost of £99.00 applies to all new Traders. The monthly Service & Support costs are FOC with a PED, £5.95 with a Bluetooth Terminal and £7.95 with a GPRS Terminal, which includes your GSM/GPRS SIM, to connect the Card Terminal to the mobile network or a charge of £5/month for the VT software. This is collected once every 3 months at a cost of £23.85 (plus VAT). A reconnection cost of £49.50 applies only if no payment is made within 30 days, after which, additional costs may apply. We will write/email you before this action is taken as we are here to support traders and organisations with a fair payment system.

From 1st January 2012 all traders were required by the card schemes to be PCI DSS compliant. PayYours® . Some aquirers charge for this requirement, please ask for further details."

Each to their own I guess :D

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i would use it if i got it, i would offer it as another way of paying, its handy for the some of the people that might say i dont have the cash this time as not been out yet etc, etc. or if you do go out colletcing you can call your customers and take payments that way, so saving you diving out to people to find out they have no cash an say come back tomorrow when i've been to the bank.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't have that problem myself or go out collecting

Advertisement