Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What I Need To Start

CNS-southwest

Me again ( your all probably getting fed up of me an my questions now lol )

Ok do need to make sure that I have the list and everything is on it as id had to start and realize I have forgotten something.

Here is the list:

Laders

Transport

Water containers

Bucket

Tbar

Squeegee

( combined tbar and squeegee would be preferred, any ideas what there called?)

Micro fibre clothes (I prefer them to scrims)

Cleaner (I'll be using a blend of cleaner with a touch of vinegar lol)

Liability insurance

A phone

A diary

Pencils, sharpener and rubber

Website

Email addy

PayPal

Business cards

Flyers

A tool belt

Anything else im forgetting ????

Thanks

Dave

i would drop the website and paypal, there not needed, especially when you first start, swap cleaner and vinegar for ecover, it does a good job, doesnt require mixing and is cheap and available, id forget the squeegee applicator in one idea, they dont work that well in my experience, and get a couple of scrims as well as the microfibres, other than that, like rc said a scraper, and your good,lol

As GM said the in one thing, its a wagtail, aren't particularly good. Ok for really high windows or above conis, saves you haveing to keep swapping tools. When you get your scrims ( you need them for detailing the glass, your going to need to kinda kill it first and will work better, I tend to soak them and then twist the S*** out of them a few times, tumble them and your good to go. Works a treat plus toughens your hands up a bit. :) oh and telescopic pole will come in handy.

Lol for The plasters. Good thinking.

Oki no wagtail, website is easy for me to do as is PayPal lol.

Scraper lol how could I forget

i started with a ladder, bucket, old scrim, washing up liquid, squeegie and cheap applicator and 1000 business cards.

total cost was about £30 (ladder was free)

go get customers and build up from there.

Forget the vice-versa there **** in my eyes. Separate squeegee & applicator. Easier to carry as well. Not essential but I wear a bucket belt & a pouch for my cloths. Scrims are a must but I also find paragon window cleaning micros (blue ones) are excellent but after a while you will try all these & you will know what you prefer.. Do you need a roof rack? Notebook or address book.

Me again ( your all probably getting fed up of me an my questions now lol )

Ok do need to make sure that I have the list and everything is on it as id had to start and realize I have forgotten something.

Here is the list:

Laders

Transport

Water containers

Bucket

Tbar

Squeegee

( combined tbar and squeegee would be preferred, any ideas what there called?)

Micro fibre clothes (I prefer them to scrims)

Cleaner (I'll be using a blend of cleaner with a touch of vinegar lol)

Liability insurance

A phone

A diary

Pencils, sharpener and rubber

Website

Email addy

PayPal

Business cards

Flyers

A tool belt

Anything else im forgetting ????

Thanks

Dave
Combined squeegee & applicator is called a vice-versa but to be honest ferget it. I only use mine if I pole a window & saves me bringing pole down & changing tools.

I can get away with shoving the ladders in the car untill I can afford the roof rack.

Can i not just use a microfibre instead of a scrim, I've always used micro fibre for cleaning lol

So i have currently got:

Diary

Ladders

Car

Water bottles

Bucket

Squeegee

Microfibre clothes

So need:

Applicator

Business cards

Flyers

Scraper

Ecover

And that should be enough to get me started for now and then Build up as I go?

I said the same when I started, but my mate has been doing it for 20 years and he said to me that i must buy a scrim, is only a couple of quid and its soooooo much better than a microfiber

I said the same when I started, but my mate has been doing it for 20 years and he said to me that i must buy a scrim, is only a couple of quid and its soooooo much better than a microfiber
They last longer too, micros' soak water up and it spreads like wildfire.

Latest Posts

Back