possible opportunity for more work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Apr 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Just bumped into mates uncle in tesco
    He runs a contract cleaning company working mainly for the council
    Does full cleans on empty houses and buildings including end of tenancy and clearing up after deaths and junkies etc as well as businesses
    He doesn't have enough window cleaning work to justify the ro and backpack setup he has and asked would i do his window cleaning for him
    He said the state of some places wfp is not good enough (probably as he doesn't do it much so isn't very skilled which he admits)
    Anyone know how to go about charging and pricing work for a company and getting paid etc
    I have known him a very long time and he wouldn't mess me about as we all go on family holidays camping etc together and is like family his lot and my lot

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

You'll want to charge quite high for that sort of work, it's horrible, but could well be worth it!

Just tell him it's x amount of money dependant on how dirty it is etc, and see what he says...

Sounds like a good opportunity though :thumbsup:

But he may be right about wfp, you may need to trad a lot of it...

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Good job I'm a tradder then

4. TolishAPurd

If you're that close, how about asking how much he wants to pay? Chances are that he can work it into the overall price so that you both get a nice tickle out of it.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

He is quite shrewd
    He employs his nephew and his son rather than anyone else
    His nephew is a good mate of mine also
    I'm sure we could come to some arrangement

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I will speak to him sunday when there will be about 20 of his family at his nieces when we watch the spurs game

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

id pitch in at 4 times normal rate. thatd mean you could do his stuff as a priority ,id tell him that

payment end of every month, no waiting for council pay up. if hes well established he should be able to pay you before he gets paid by the council if need be

Advertisement