Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water system?

What Hot system do you use / recommend

• Gas heater L5 or similar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hot wash (Ionics/Brodex)

• Aquarium heater

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Immersion heater element

• Hot Tap through DI vessel

• Next to Radiator

• Don't use warm water

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

nearlyclean

If you hot what system have you tried or trying out and what have your experiences been.I started with warming my storage tank with a aquarium heater its a 200 watt one and I heat up about 220L which takes about 12 hours to raise the temperature to about 12-15oC but when I transfer it to my 25L containers the water is around 2-3 and by the time it reaches the brush probably just above freezing,I also tried putting the containers next to a rad which is a good option,But my favourite method is using Hot water from my combi boiler through a DI vessel and fill my containers that way the water comes though at 19oC and stays warm through out the day (23 TDS out of hot tap before DI) I find for me this is the most successful and low cost way of producing warm water,have enjoyed working with warm water and has kept my hoses and brush soft and haven't had any problems with water freezing on the glass.

I voted don't use warm water. Although I would like to at some point it is just which method is the most cost effective. I may invest in a warm water system one day.

If you hot what system have you tried or trying out and what have your experiences been.I started with warming my storage tank with a aquarium heater its a 200 watt one and I heat up about 220L which takes about 12 hours to raise the temperature to about 12-15oC but when I transfer it to my 25L containers the water is around 2-3 and by the time it reaches the brush probably just above freezing,I also tried putting the containers next to a rad which is a good option,But my favourite method is using Hot water from my combi boiler through a DI vessel and fill my containers that way the water comes though at 19oC and stays warm through out the day (23 TDS out of hot tap before DI) I find for me this is the most successful and low cost way of producing warm water,have enjoyed working with warm water and has kept my hoses and brush soft and haven't had any problems with water freezing on the glass.
It sounds like a great idea using the combi boiler to fill up each morning, but how long do they stay warm?

I worry about cracking the glass - some of the boiler temperature controls are a bit ***ue, and you have to adjust constantly to compensate for external temp, and length of hose on the ground etc.

I know a few cleaners have had a lot of problems.

Back