postage rip off

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by firefly123, Sep 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. firefly123

firefly123 Member

im sure these water fed pole suppliers are ripping us off for postage you buy any thing for any amount you still get stung for postage yet i can buy most other things of the net free postage i know if you have an order over a amount its free but / hmm

Advertisement
  2. Roy

Roy Active Member

I don't think they are, because poles are long in length and therefore most couriers wont delivery them, I know TNT will but they charge extra. I sold a pole on ebay and the cheapest I could get postage + insurance was around £20-25.

And TNT was the only courier that would accept it because of the length.

3. spruce

spruce Grand Master

There's nothing for free. Free postage is another gimmick to get someone to buy, but you are paying for postage in with the price.

An example is the LPG tankless water heaters. The same supplier will offer it cheaper but with postage and then will offer it postage free but at a higher price.

4. Poles Apart

I complained about wfp suppliers ripping us off weeks ago and got slated for it, how can it be a fiver to deliver plastic fan jets?

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

That's a massive rip off! £5 to deliver a few grams?

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Also ever wondered how much of a rip off poles are?

Simple tubes of carbon and some plastic clamps for 100's of pounds?

Massively over priced...

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

It's not for a few grams though is it, there is the envelope, the persons time to print off your address, the other persons time to take it to the post office, the other persons time to register the sale, print out an invoice, the post office charges on top of that so to be honest I think a £5 is pretty damn reasonable.

I bought 2 small bottles of Perroni and a bag of Salt & Vinegar crisps last night at the bar, £5.40

When it comes to a matter of a couple of little bits yes the supplier has to charge accordingly as it is really all those small items that cost the company the time and money, just looking a Gardiners site now, two brass pencil jets, £2.95

How can you expect to buy an item for £2.95 and get it delivered at no extra cost and for the supplier to remain in business?

You dont give away your window cleaning services so why should they give away their items.

I have plastic jets myself and to date have snapped them twice due to being too rough, so when I ordered I ordered 6, some extra push fit connectors, some extra split rings etc, whole bundle came to £25 delivered but I now have enough spares to keep me going in any situation and not in a position where £5 of postage is going to wind me up on a £3 item.

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I haven't bought them green, I'm just agreeing with Poles Apart

That is a huge postage cost for such a small item, I buy things all the time off eBay etc, and postage is usually 1-2 quid max for small light items like that,

It's just another way to make a bit more money, there is no way postage costs a fiver, there adding money on, that's just how it is, but still, it's not right...

9. firefly123

firefly123 Member

i can buy resin off ebay no postage yet same firm on there webb page you have to pay for it and most wfp parts free p&p on ebay

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yeah it's just main company's making a few extra quid, they buy a massive bulk load of fan jets then sell them to us for a couple of quid, then they think 'let's make a bit more dough and charge a fiver for postage'

Don't know why green thinks that's a reasonable amount to pay, if you Sent them yourself at a post office it'd probably be about £1 if that, in a small envelope

Advertisement