Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

posting flyers ect

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I work in a taxi company and one of the workers was hitting a area out with business cards etc... and he had gloves on.... and when he put it through the letter box his hand got bitten by a dog... and his finger was proper bad ! it cut through the glove and still got a good chunk out of him...

This might make some of u scared.... but this is what happened.... and getting bit by a dog is not a good experience at all ! lol

When i start my business and post my cards out... i will be a bit scared.... just incase i might get unlucky ! lol

what do you all think of this

I work in a taxi company and one of the workers was hitting a area out with business cards etc... and he had gloves on.... and when he put it through the letter box his hand got bitten by a dog... and his finger was proper bad ! it cut through the glove and still got a good chunk out of him...

This might make some of u scared.... but this is what happened.... and getting bit by a dog is not a good experience at all ! lol

When i start my business and post my cards out... i will be a bit scared.... just incase i might get unlucky ! lol

what do you all think of this

think that's the first post I've seen (well, noticed anyway!) with no smilies! /emoticons/tongue.png

I would report it, don't know what good would do, but next time could be some young kid putting their fingers thru....

if I ever post stuff thru I always try to do it in such a way that my fingers don't go thru, unless I can see there's nothing there. then again, mine are quite hard (leaflets that is, lol), and a5 so don't need my hand going thru too as they are big enough and hard enough....

I find you do tend to have to stuff them through because of draft guards on the letter boxes. If it was really bad, the guy could make a claim against the home owner. I have had a few nearly tear the hand off me, but thankfully have never been bitten. Not really much you can do, other than just be careful and if you hear a dog barking, and clambering towards the door, with drool hanging from it mouth, be sensible and get your hand out off there pronto :)

if i see or hear a dog or anything along them lines i simply just leave the flyer on the outside of the letter box pokeing out so u can clearly see it when u approach the front door.

saves the owner picking up a ripped flyer and saves your fingers and you get customers :]

I was a postman for Royal mail for five years. So, I do have experience in this field... I do my leaflet drop like this.... All my flyers are printed on A4 paper and I Roll them up and put a small elastic band round each one!... I sit in front of the T.V. on the odd even rolling them up!!!... When it comes to posting them. You will be surprised to see how much time this will save you when delivering and also it will save your fingers... When something is rolled up it becomes strong and will go straight into a letterbox before a door has even got anywhere near it. Just make sure you do not put your hand right through and if you hear a dog, just slip it under the door matt or something like that, enough for the homeowner to see.... There is nothing worse in trying to slip a leaflet through a door with a dog the other end....

Use a small piece of wood to push the letterbox open and the brushes apart, then your hand doesn't need to go through do it...

Wooooooooo!!!!

There's all sorts of scary things out there!

I hate discovering they've got a dog when i first notice the smell - doo doo's, on every other rung on my ladder! It means I've got it on 1 shoe and probably on my strides by that point. Disgusting stuff and cat's is even worse. Start hunting for an outside tap and hose.

Gone wfp now. just have to be careful of hose dragging through it.

(Probably worthy of a thread all of it's own)

"think that's the first post I've seen (well, noticed anyway!) with no smilies! /emoticons/wink.png"

Love that bit

I was putting my 'windows cleaned today' card threw a customers letters box, a wee jack russell must been sitting behind door waiting for me, then wack! Bit my fingers, scared sh!t out of me as I wasn't expecting it, and it's drew blood. Now every customer I know has a dog I use the squeegee to push them threw!!

My advise would be to just put the card through the door and not your hand!lol. Seriously though dogs can be proper vicious sometimes. My sister was bitten by a dog when she was little but she hit it over the head with a brick! Great times

These letter boxes have the flaps on the back of the doors, and the front flap won't hold the card. Their windows are cleaned that well they should know by just looking at them!!

Back