Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up new van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marksss

Hi allways had a small fiat doblo van I've moved up fiat scudo now lot larger van , my question is allways had my hose reel fixed at rear opening doors as it has no side doors ,with the new one I have sliding doors both sides, do I set hose fixed on one of sides will this cause a head ache with allways having to park on side road where reel is facing or stick with the rear any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi allways had a small fiat doblo van I've moved up fiat scudo now lot larger van , my question is allways had my hose reel fixed at rear opening doors as it has no side doors ,with the new one I have sliding doors both sides, do I set hose fixed on one of sides will this cause a head ache with allways having to park on side road where reel is facing or stick with the rear any ideas ?

@steve garwood had a Peugeot Expert and had side facing reels IIRC?

I have a Citroen dispatch which is pretty much the same van as scudo and expert. I have a 600L IBC up against the bulkhead so can't get the hose reels out the side doors. I often find it a pain only being able to take the hosereels out the back doors. If you can it would be good if you had the option of using all your doors, whichever were closer.

To anyone who uses side doors, do you find any problems putting the reel on the pavement with mobility scooters, prams etc trying to get by instead of having it on the road behind the van?

I have a Citroen dispatch which is pretty much the same van as scudo and expert. I have a 600L IBC up against the bulkhead so can't get the hose reels out the side doors. I often find it a pain only being able to take the hosereels out the back doors. If you can it would be good if you had the option of using all your doors, whichever were closer.

To anyone who uses side doors, do you find any problems putting the reel on the pavement with mobility scooters, prams etc trying to get by instead of having it on the road behind the van?
No because my reels are bolted to the sides of the tank.

This is my third van with the reels facing both sides much prefer it.

Figured out I can't anyway having two tank small one for softwashing and jetwashing other for window cleaning,the tanks give me no room to go out the sides so will have to be the rear

Back