Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

50ft plus work please help...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H

Hunty

Hi all,

I have been awarded a contract and the plan is to get a gardiners extreme 47 and add on, the job starts next week and my van packed up two weeks ago so I have bought a new van, cut a long story I am brasic!

I have about 700 to spend on a pole that would get me 50 ft, the first phase is that height but second is higher so extreme will be purchased but I have a month to save, I can't put this phase off has anyone got a suggestion on what pole I can get, I was thinking of supermax 50 mk2 but is sold out!

Anyone used a spotlight from cleaning spot or anyone got any other suggestions?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Is there no one you can sub the high stuff to or call in to help you out?

Or put it 0% credit card.

It,'s risky buying a cheaper pole.once you go above 50ft you need it to be as light and rigid as possible.

If you buy a cheaper one chances are it will be weighty this will slow you down and make you tied quicker you could end up paying £700 for a pole you hate and want to get rid off as soon as you've used it.

Thanks @Pjj top bloke for offer a bit far though, I agree cgh, tbh I was going to sell the pole after first use and buy an ultimate after, I can't sub as I am taking this work of another guy who has always taken the pith on site is well overpriced as he subs out the work and just makes money off them, I have gone on the one that I don't do that, one man band make sure job is done right type thing so need to do it myself , phase one will actually end up costing me money if I do this way but is worth it in the long run.

Have either of you or anyone else used the supermax at this height what's it like?

Thanks @Pjj top bloke for offer a bit far though, I agree cgh, tbh I was going to sell the pole after first use and buy an ultimate after, I can't sub as I am taking this work of another guy who has always taken the pith on site is well overpriced as he subs out the work and just makes money off them, I have gone on the one that I don't do that, one man band make sure job is done right type thing so need to do it myself , phase one will actually end up costing me money if I do this way but is worth it in the long run.Have either of you or anyone else used the supermax at this height what's it like?

I've not used the supermax but I believe it's stiffer than the extream , I had an extream and found it to whippy so sold it and got the ultimate that's quite a bit stiffer but a bit heavier , phone Alex and ask him he's very good and would give you sound advice

Back