Powered Hose Reels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Chris Dall, Jul 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris Dall

Chris Dall Active Member

Any advice on powered hose reels guys? Prefer if it took 100m of 8mm hose

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Water Works HD. That's whats fitted in my van. Wouldnt consider anything else.

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Bet you power reel guys say yes to help at asda with packing your shopping X

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. bob duff

bob duff Member

I am waiting on the hannay from gardeners have the original power up been apart more than its been together although the new power up looks better a bit stronger but I don't like the idea that it's 6 mil hose or nothing I put 6 mil hose on original power up and it expanded and broke reel

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

5. Chris Dall

Chris Dall Active Member

If I went 6mm, would I have to put a flow controller on as I run at 100% atm with 8mm

6. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

if you absolutley needed 100m of 8mm hose chris then the clover type reel will hold that,the spider in the middle of the reel will need riveting together to stop it falling apart after a while though,
    the hd is a very good reel and probably holds about 80m of 8mm hose(the motor is fixed in such a place that anymore hose and it jams against the motor)my hd reel is mounted high up as it can unspool yards of hose all over the place-my experience anyway,
    with regards to my hd,i've made some guards to run each side of the reel as its possible for the hose to get caught between the reel and housing when reeling in-again from my experience
    as for further advice and to buy one i'd ignore buying from wcw and speak to the lad himself jordan from waterworks (you might have to google that)at least this way you can speak to the guy who makes them and go over any questions you may have,again from my experience the remote add-on is not the best in the world if i'm honest and if i was to go that way again as in remote reeling in i would prefer to use a one shot for that

7. Chris Dall

Chris Dall Active Member

That's some great advice, really appreciate it. Thankyou

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would go for 70m of 8mm and the rest 6mm
    I have used one like that with 70m of 8mm and the rest gardiners reinforced pole hose and it fits fine
    It's just a pain sometimes when you have to pull extra hose out to get the 8mm stuff across a road for cars rather than the pole hose

9. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

I'm glad someone's asked this question as I was about to order a HD reel now they are back in stock but have emailed them twice to ask what the reel comes with. The website says its plug and play - so does it come with hose fitted? If not what other connectors/adapters would I need? I'm a bit miffed they haven't replied to emails but don't want to pay the ridiculous money for a cox reel or such like, especially as I won't be the one using it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Does not come with hose. Does come with everything else though.

Advertisement