Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did this Customer try to pull a fast one or was it excuse to cancel?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Picked up a new one last month she contacted me. Anyway I texted yesterday saying will be there Friday (£20 every 8 weeks) We did a good thorough job as usual for the first clean and because we were working local even went back and asked if she was happy with the windows and she said yes.

Anyway I get a call last night and she said there is water in between the 2 panels off glass on one window because of our system, I said our system doesn't cause leaks it's merely highlighted that the window is leaking, she then asked if I was insured I said yes but the window is faulty, she did mention when we did the job that her previous Windy stopped coming a reason I hear all the time from Messers is she trying to pull a fast one or looking for an excuse to cancel anyway she doesn't want them done any more.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sounds like she's trying to claim for a replacement sealed unit.

There's no way your water could get in to an undamaged unit or even one that's already blown unless there's a hole in the glass that you're cleaning.

Tell her to go through insurance and explain to them the situation

Then once she gets told no by your insurance company tell her to jog on

Your insurance will provide proof that wfp can't do that as they won't want to pay out

Back