Powerwash And Resand/ Seal On Lockblock And Slabs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Donny, May 5, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Job I did last week, during resand
    WP_000189 (Copy).jpg
    sealer first coat
    WP_000191 (Copy).jpg
    sealer on slabs
    WP_000193 (Copy).jpg
    Happy punter, bigger area round back off house, full day off sealing
    ching ching

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

CIMG0037 (640x480).jpg Donny my post on FSC , couldn't get block paving cleaned with it, do you normally turbo most work
    my fsc wouldn't bring this clean enough, had to turbo, I need a longer lance, bit of a backache.

3. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

I never use an FSC on lockblock, your machine aint powerful enough too run an FSC effectively, I always use turbo nozzle on lockblock,

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

What sort of sealer is that donny, and what does it do/prevent?

5. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Its an acrylic sealer Belfast, it makes the sand go like a silicone which allows the block to naturally contract and expand as normal and prevents weeds from growing through from underneath, used by lots off airports , councils etc, damn good swag but not cheap, Its called RESIBLOCK , google it,other acrylics are available but thyis is the best on market. The block will still get dirty but next time you powerwash there is no weeds and no sand loss , cracking stuff!!!!!!!11

6. mr shine

mr shine Guru

is that resiblock 22 donny , i done a big drive last summer and i recommended this to the customer and he had to order it online as its not available over here ,it cost him 1200 euros just for the sealer

7. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

yep that's the stuff, quality but damn expensive, you can get cheaper sealers from Smartseal and Advanced Sealing Solutions just google either, they are good but no as good as Resiblock

8. OoO

OoO Guest

We have a yard at our place.

It never gets the sun and goes green with 6 months to a year.

What could i apply that is cheap ish mate?

Thanks.

PS its just concrete laid in a slab.

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

if you try a farmers co op they should stock chloras , its great for getting rid of the algae , i usually mix it half water half chloras and spray the area then scrub with a deck brush and leave and let the rain wash it away

10. OoO

OoO Guest

Sorry thats me not explaining my self. We pressure washer it and it comes up lovely.

What could we seal it with? I am tempted to paint it grey thinking about it!!!

Advertisement