Ppm

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Belfastcleaning, Jun 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

My tap water is 40-42, I checked rain water it's around 22.. Would I save much on resin using rain water?

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Not really mate my tap is 115 and rain is between 7/12 so I'm thinking of harvesting

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Does rainwater actually have to go through di resin if ppm is low enough?

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

It's been belting down here for hours, everywhere flooded. Was thinking of harvesting rainwater just for something to do as we do get alot of rain!!

5. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I harvest anyway and looking at bigger tanks to bury under bottom of garden for when I get going with wfp. I reckon I could get 3 1000 litre tanks between my sheds and wall and another 3 in time if needed but hear things about de-ionised water attracting the dirt. So does it need to be even if ppm is say 0.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

you could the rain water as it is as long as it is clean. I would paint the tanks blacks to aviod uv rays and di as i needed it.
    lower the ppm the longer your resin will last. I gone to 15 ppm and been okay but following month cleaned with 0ppm. If your on a water meter the rain water harvesting is the way to go

7. mark m

mark m Hero

A tip

When the rains coming out the down pipe stick some resin in the wife tights at the end this will filter the make the water more pure

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

make sure the wife isnt wearing them first

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'm going to be piping it down the garden from downpipes and joining ones on sheds too that (when I put em on) and was thinking of adding the filters in removable sections, if I do need di then I'd put one in for that as well. Then add a small diy di inline on backpack to make sure.

Just cos I read this kind of twaddle I'll tell yaz all the average house in uk could collect up to 85000 litres a year, I'll be collecting next doors as well so with sheds a possible 180000 (roughly) a yr so theres really no need to run up a hefty bill. Like I'd ever need all that.

10. chip

chip Guru

If you could catch and store all that you'd not need to bother with next doors. I'm hoping to do similar albeit on a smaller scale just a few water butts. The nylons ideas a good one, I was planning bunging old coke bottles up with resin, that sounds easier!

Advertisement