Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Insurance Price ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Is £14.58 per month a good price for £1,000,000 cover for my business this price is from gleaming insurance,

can you recommend better or anyway to get the price cheaper with them etc?

any advice appreciated

cheers

That's the same price am paying for the same amount of cover off them so I wouldn't worry about trying to get it cheeper as it covers everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with Gleaming, 2million cover £16.52 pm, covers everything & more!

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

I'm with gleaming (broker) also and never had to claim until recently so will find out how good hiscox actually are in sorting out the claim against me.

I wouldn't try to get cheaper

For the price of a clean a month for the level of cover i have is a no brainer imo

I have gleaming too, excellent price and excellent cover. Some will give cheaper quotes but you aren't covered for what you thought you were. Most insurance companies won't cover you for breakage of the glass you are working on, which defeats the purpose imho. I once asked my insurance company if this was really true and they said yes, you break the window you are working on you are not covered. I said to the lady, if I break the window and the come down the ladder and put my ladder through it to finish it off will I be covered then. Her answer, well if the ladder broke the window that would be different! I rang up my old ins brokers(Blackfriars) who informed me that the policy I had didn't cover cleaning gutters, fascias or patios or solar panels. I would have to take out separate ins for each thing i wanted to do. Gleaming covers it all, and if like me the missus is involved in your business(she does ironing and domestic cleaning for some of my customers) their insurance also includes all domestic, ironing etc and as we have 2 Policies they gave 10% discount on one of the policies. One other bit of advice-go for 2million. A lot of businesses require minimum 2mill now pub liability in order to work on their premises.

Back