Pre Filters

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Donny, Jan 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

I only use DI as our ppm out off the tap is 90 , noticed some van systems have pre filters before the di vessel, are they worth getting?? will they save resin?? would i be better off getting another di vessel and using that?? if i get them what kind are the best, any help appreciated :D

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

my tap water is 90, and i still use RO. Never had to spend any cash (apart from pre filters) in nearly 3 years.

3. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

I see, i was under impression i didnt need an ro system for my ppm , varies between 86 and 90 , the di is taking it down too 0 but i aint cleaning large amounts yet, dont really want to go down ro route yet anyway, like too keep it simple at first.

4. OoO

OoO Guest

If you decide to stick with the DI route, make sure you have two inline. That way you get the most out of your resin.

5. ian wicks

ian wicks Guest

Damo is talking about sediment and a carbon prefilter, if using these make sure you flush before you use them or you will waste the resin needlessly.

10 or 20 do not really matter 10's imo are the cheaper (just have to charge a little more often)

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Hi Ian.

No I am talking about running two DI's in line. And swapping about to get the max out of resin.

Donny must know about it as he's mentioned it :)

7. harunh

harunh Legend

I use di @ 106 ppm

8. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

I use twin di at 270ppm... Works great and is perfect for me as I live in a flat and so can fill up in a few mins from customers tap....
    I've thought about using prefilters as well though but not sure of the effectiveness...

9. harunh

harunh Legend

Toby how much water u using every 4 weeks and whats the total cost ?

A 80 kwid resin bag will last me 5-6 weeks earning me about 1400 kwid

10. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Thanks lads, i'll probably just get another DI then and keep it at house for filling up so that when filling at house i have two inline and keep the one in van for custies house topping up if i need too.

Advertisement