Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brodex after sales = appauling

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul costello

Got a couple of aluminium poles before christmas the poles are faulty so called brodex who sent some end caps as the pole slid out sharp and dangerous fixed and again broke they are not fit for purpose so called and get directed to some office who keep saying will get brodex to contact me but they never do so I sent an email saying I would take them to court but its only just under £300 worth of poles and I cant be bothered but their after sales is non existent so I will never use these clowns again and I suggest you lot should consider if they are worth it or not

It really is key to do research on a forum or a Facebook group to find out about poles and the company who sells them before parting with hard earned cash , Brodex have had a bad reputation for about 6-7 years now i had issues with them and it appeared no one had a clue what was going on you just got passed around .

Used to be £15 for next day delivery but they take about 4 days before they decide to send the order out .

Brodex are absolutely useless do not use them ,they do not give two hoots about customers.

I used them for a couple of poles but delivery took too long so I cancelled them before they were dispatched.

They agreed all of this and said they would return monies within 7 days. They then delivered poles in error couple of days later. I dug my heals in and said refund me and you can collect . The refused until I returned poles. Took 3 months loads of hassle and a County Court Judgement application emailed to them to get money refunded.Liars and ******* and thats my politest version.

For 12 years I've avoided buying from them after my first experience.

Often wonder how they survive

Brodex have only just filed for bankruptcy (again) they have sold "all stock" to another company funnily owned by the same person, they owe several thousands out and no one is being paid because they have no stock technically!

Brodex have only just filed for bankruptcy (again) they have sold "all stock" to another company funnily owned by the same person, they owe several thousands out and no one is being paid because they have no stock technically!
I don't think this is the first either lol

Brodex no longer on Facebook ??? They didn't reply to my post months ago

which was not complimentary but factual. If they are filing for bankruptcy again

please spread the work so none of us get stitched up by the bar stewards !!

The old chestnut @adam davies.They've done this on several (numerous?) occasions before.

But they aren't the only ones. We have a taxi firm in our neck of the woods that I know off that has done this on a number of occasions as well. Transfer the good assets to another company and then bankrupt the previous business leaving behind worthless assets they couldn't afford to dispose of.

meant to say spread the word
I dealt with them once and never again.

I bought 2 Prolong ali poles off of them on sale years ago. Got a text with prices and delivery. The ex stock delivery ended up to be 3 weeks later and at a much higher price. According to them they had never had a pole on sale at that price. Good thing I still had the text message.

So they agreed to credit the incorrect amount and re-invoice the correct sale price. They charged my credit card for a sale price but it took another 3 weeks and regular phone calls to get the original invoice credited. They even told me that they had delivered poles twice. I heard all the excuse stories.

A few weeks later they went into administration. I was upset at the time as I had to pay the credit card bill for 2 Brodex invoices, but I realised I was fortunate. I could have lost out.

I loved receiving text messages from them with their latest offers afterwards. They had my custom but they pushed me away and were now trying to get me back so they could do the same.

As an old boss once said; even someone with half a brain won't be taken in by them again.

When I bought a used Brodex system I was told the fittings were 'custom' Brodex only fittings for the hoses.
BS - They are common fittings used in the 'air tools' industry for mechanics etc.
A local window cleaning company had a Brodex system installed on one of his vans. The pump packed in. A Shurflo replacement was quoted at £149 + VAT. If I remember correctly he bought one from Daqua for £69 all in including delivery.

A few months later his electronic digital controller packed in. Brodex wanted £129 + VAT for just the pcb board but didn't have stock and weren't sure when stock would be available. (Just check back with us from time to time to see if its in stock.) We got a Varistream controller, took the pcb out of that and fitted it into the Brodex housing at half the price.

Williamson's were supplying Brodex with their controllers back then.

Spring now supply them, so I hope they haven't been taken in by their latest collapse.

Back