Pressure Problems, Varistream Or No Varistream?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Duxbury, Jun 2, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Duxbury

Duxbury Member

So Im not the most technically minded person, so I apologise if any of this is incorrect or just nonsense, but basically I have too much pressure. When I shut tap on pole the pressure builds up so much that im springing leaks at every connection. Am running a simple home made setup, 1 pump, 1 pole.

I have got the switch wired in on the pump and have tried screwing the screw in and out to no avail. So I think the pressure regulator is gone on the pump? Sound likely?

The electronic control I have over the pump is done via one of RCProperties flow controllers, which does exactly what it should, I have no complaints about its well very well made, but as my pump pressure switch is gone all I can do is control the speed at which the pump runs, just takes longer to hit max pressure.

So I have three options, replace the pump and set the max pressure on pump etc. Simple.

Go wireless, fit a remote and just turn the pump on and off that way.

Orrrr, switch to a varistream (or similar) control, which would control the pressure without my pressure switch on the pump working (I believe thats correct?) But I have read quite a bit that makes me think they are possibly unneccasary and a hassle. Whats the general view? New pump, remote or vari it?

P.S. Looking on cleaning spot at the varistream controllers there, it also mentions the max microbore hose length they advise to use is 60m. Why would this be? I am running 100m micro, would this be a problem?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

100 meters is fine. Have you got any pictures? I

3. Duxbury

Duxbury Member

No no pictures, could get some though what of?

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Your connectors that are leeking

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Our Shurflo pumps work on a microswitch that sits in the housing where the terminals are located. With that its a simple removal of a few screws and carefully removing the housing, making sure that the little coil spring isn't lost. The microswitch is prised out of the housing and Maplin has replacements for less than £2. We found that when the microswitch failed, it was sometimes the contacts in the switch that 'welded' together which means the switch won't disconnect and the pump kept running.

On the shurflo pump the pressure switch is easily adjusted via the little adjuster screw in the housing where the microswitch is. The spare pump I have here would be adjusted with a small allen key. If you take the switch out, you should be able if the switch has failed.

I'm afraid I can't help you if you have any other pump.

I won't try to solve the problem with a remote switch, you need to get to the bottom of this.

6. Duxbury

Duxbury Member

Thanks guys. Took micro switch off to have a look, tested it and it seems to be working ok, fitted it all back up and viola! Pump cuts out just as pressure starts to build up. All I can assume is that someone had been in there before and had not seated the spring correctly perhaps, well whatever its all working grand now :) Means I can put put the money Id put aside for new pump into a pole and go for CLX instead of SLX!

Advertisement