Pressure Washer Advice?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by HotWash Window Cleaners, Mar 1, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. HotWash Window Cleaners

Hi I am looking to buy a decent pressure and there are an amazing amount to choose from. What do you have?
    Is it any good?
    Now would you buy a power pole 36 or get an add on for Hxtel 35 for power washing, the type you remove top section?
    Petrol powered or is it possible to run off an inverter?
    I'm looking for gutter cleaning and cladding use from the equipment.

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

why would you want a powerwasher just for gutter and cladding cleaning, it wouldnt be worth the trouble imo

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've not tried doing anything higher than 2 storey work using a pressure washer telescopic lance myself. To be honest I did not get on with it at that height so went back to cleaning the outside of guttering, fascia, soffit and cladding by wfp method or by hand

If you try to use one to clear badly blocked guttering without getting most of the debris out first you will find it makes a hell of a mess too.

Also would add If you going to get a pressure washer anyway I would get one that is powerful enough to do hard surface cleaning aswell that you can also adjust the psi for different surfaces you want to clean.

4. HotWash Window Cleaners

More for the inside of the gutter really. As sometimes can't quite clear them 100%. I sometimes use an agitator on the end of the pole to remove debris but if it is tight I can't do it how I would be happy with. Do you use a gutter vac or off ladders?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You sound like you have already found out that using a guttevac is not all what they are cracked up to be. They can be a doddle to use on some jobs but are a nightmare to use on most jobs I do.

To be honest if the gap is narrow then you can't beat a good hand job I say. If the guttering is badly blocked with sods especially in corners then I will clear the guttering by hand also.

I guess you could use any type of pressure washer to flush gutters through even a hose pipe connected to a wfp.that I sometimes use after clearing the guttering out. That way you can do what I call a water test to see if any joints are leaking also will get rid of small bits and tile grit you have missed.

If you want to try and break up/remove large sods etc using a pressure washer then I would have thought this type of attachment you could probably get made with a better pressure washer using a higher psi would do the job but like I said before will make a hell of a mess :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ-txowQgA0

View attachment 1911

6. johnny bravo

you can then use your pressure washer to clean all the **** it has left behind. all over the house walls, and exterior of there nice white gutters

7. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

This year I have picked up a few gutter cleans because there are a few guys out there doing cleans with jet washes and it takes the shine off the plastic. I've tried all sorts and smurfs right by hand is about the best way! While your up there quick spray of plastic reviving spray puts a good shine on, stops muck sticking & green growing so quick and I've got 13 booked for next year, January 2014 shouldn't bea quite month!! GF

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Funny you should say that gushysfella I too have picked up loads of work as most customers I clear and clean gutters for don't like the idea of pressure washers being used on their homes for some reason. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong using a pressure washer with an extendable lance is probably a lot quicker to do but also adds cost to the job like fuel + setup/packing away time. Not forgeting extra time required to clean the outside of gutters, fascias, walls, windows and their clean driveway, patio, car etc when a customer just wants their guttering cleared out and nothing else cleaned. :D

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

For example hotwash I popped out this morning and cleared the guttering only on this pair of small semi's by hand for £45 each = £90. Also one-off window clean on both £20 each = £40

Took me less than 2.5 hours to do properley and earned myself an easy £130. :)

View attachment 1913

Both front and back gutter runs looked like this before
    View attachment 1915

Back after
    View attachment 1914

Front after
    View attachment 1916

10. HotWash Window Cleaners

Think I will have to get the roof rack and carry the ladders with me. I like the micro lite standoff and the ladder support. Do you have a trained camera man? As great pics. The advice has sold me on old school gutter cleaning. Many thanks.

Advertisement