Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Travelling to a job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iain jones

On a Facebook page on about pricing, this is is his actual post what do you all think

Am in the uk. I charge a £1.00 a window then £4.00 on top for travelling.

His formula is flawed (IMO) based on you don't know how big / tricky each window could be.

However using his math on my home he is only £1 cheaper than I would be.

The only true way to give a price fair to the customer and to you is to go there see the job and factor in travel time, cleaning time etc.

google maps
I use google maps to get a rough idea or just to check if I'm thinking of the correct style house as round here i know 99% of the time what the house will be like exactly just by the road it's on

Can't beat actually going there in person but often am too busy or can't be bothered

You give a quote via google using email or text and you get 'ok thanks, will get back to you' a lot more often than when you turn up in person and talk to them face to face and explain what you are going to do for them.
It's swings and roundabouts though. If I get turned down by email then at least I haven't wasted time and petrol on a fruitless quote. I am often a bit more cheeky with the price too as its easier than face to face. Plenty of time to think about things and weigh it up without being under pressure too.

Latest Posts

Back