Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie - Thinking of getting a backpack

B

Blade away

Hi Everyone, new to the forum. Been cleaning traditional method for just over a year now and was thinking of investing in a backpack for those hard to reach jobs.

After having checked the water level (showing 127 ppm) will i be able to make the water just using a di vessel with resin or also need RO?

Any advice much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi welcome! I have heard Gardiner back packs are good but have not used any myself so could not say for sure. With Ppm, I would say you could get a way with just do but does depend on how much your going to use it. When I was cleaning I used di only as was much less hastle and my ppm was around 90-100

My ppm is 276 & up to about 4 months ago I just used 2 di's and was using about 200 litres a month. Like you was just using it for them hard to do windows but have picked up a lot more work with them little windows so use about 300 litres a month so bought a ro but to be honest I could still get away with 2 di's. I used 1 then when ppm went up I connected the 2nd one. When it started creeping up again I got the 1st one & put new resin in it & that became the 2nd one & so on. Hope that makes sense. By the way I gotta wcw & big boy backpacks & both are fine. Only prob I've had us flow controller on the wcw orange one but don't use it anyway so disconnected it & use a tap to control the flow.

Latest Posts

Back