(Pressure Washing) Best Hot Box Help

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Smurf, Jan 31, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Can anyone recommend a good pressure washer hot box to get?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Anyhow I'm in a bit of a dilemma at the mo as bid on one on fleebay and won one which looks like this http://equip2clean.co.uk/pressure-washer/burner/lavor-volcano-hot-box-heat-exchanger-boiler.html
    It's a lavor volcano hotbox so say like new hardly used for £450 which was great bargain I thought as are over a grand to buy new. However the only problem is I did not take much notice of the location so looks like I have a bit of a trek on me hands to pick it up as is 390 miles away from me in Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire....Oops!

Alternatively can anyone recommend a courier service that is not going to cost me my life savings to collect and deliver it for me?

4. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

check these out mate thats who i use when need a courier http://www.parcel2go.com/ id stay clear of my hermes on here tho as iv used them 3 times and had issues with them twice. ps i always blag the weights and dimesions a little aswell to drop the price and never had any issues with it

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

cheers Midlands_Cleaners but they still want silly money

anyone else I could try?

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Well it looks like I'm off to sunny Scotland Tues/Wed if I can't find a reasonable cost courier by then.
    Going to take the oldest lad so we can share in the driving and just maybe have a wee bit of fun while we are at it. Any excuse to get away for the night from the little women sounds a good plan to me:D

7. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Just noticed this, good man, a great deal that, and a good bit off kit too :)

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Many thanks Donny as that's very reassuring to know ;)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#9 Smurf, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    I'm finally going hot yeeha!:D

I've a nice little stone cleaning project lined up for it too as the chap wants one of his outbildings stone walls cleaned as is being converted into a dwelling.

Donny do you think steam cleaning alone will get rid of the reddish decolourisation on this type of stonework as the outbuilding in question looks similar?

tn-IMG_6112.JPG

10. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Depends on the brick, it could be oxidation which is hard tae shift without chems, before doing job get some Chloras, try a wee corner at full strength from a wee garden sprayer bottle , try another thinned 50/50 with water , and try a wee blast off the pressure washer with the hot box on its own, if you decide it needs chloras first hose an area off wall too get it wet , spray the chloras on then leave for about half an hour , then pressure wash off, remember tae wear eye protection :) good luck , hopefully just needs a straight hot clean :)

Advertisement