Pressure washing decking.

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Diwrnach, Mar 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Assume I need to use a lower power on decking? not done one before but got a quote on Monday, any advice?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Di - decking is a real MO-FO! Here's the catch, if it's a bad one with algae all over it covered in sh**t it's gonna take longer than doing patios or driveways.

Start with shed load of of APC and a stiff decking brush, get off as much as you can prior to power washing.

Use some caustic ****, go as far as house hold bleach if you need to.

If you want to be eco considerate instead of caustic **** you can go with covering the deck with baking soda and then use loads of white vinegar on top of that with a deck brush.

Then one nice even pass with your power washer - shouldn't really need more than 2500psi

HOWEVER - INSIST that you also stain and seal it for them otherwise it will look like **** again before the end of summer.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Apparently oxygen bleach? is the stuff to use as it doesn't kill everything? though I am thinking I might want to turn this one down....

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Mate, I charge 3 time the price for decking that I do for a patio / driveway, plus the cost of stain & sealer and if they aren't having it stained and sealed I aint doing the job.

But yes oxygen bleach is better. Like I said baking soda,, white vinegar or even a good coating of hydrogen peroxide.

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Thanks for the help guys, think I am going to pass on it, just sent her a message saying I don't think I can do it.

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

it all depends how bad it is ,sometimes bleach will get rid of the algae and in extreme situations it might need a diluted mix of hypo , either way dont leave the above on any longer than 10 to 15 minutes or the the **** sorry deck :laugh: can turn a grey colour , this wont matter if its being stained and sealed . theres another good product called patio magic that works well but its more expensive

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My d*ck has turned grey so what should I do mr shine...Would rubbing something on it help? :laugh:

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

neat hypo will sort it , deckless smurf:laugh:

10. TolishAPurd

I had my first deck pressure washing job last month. But if you want to know how I did it you'll have to pay me £250 and wear my branded tshirts. Its the first deck pressure washing course in the country.:thumbsup:

Advertisement