Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

buying a round

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
I know price varies but do you think 6x is too much?

im not sure how much i should be paying really

i personally think too much but offered a very local round taking 500pm wants 3k

what questions should i be asking?

never bought before but seriously considering it now as keen to get a full round sometime this century

Thought about this myself but I would never pay 6x for a chunk of work. The only way it would eb worth it is if it is an entire round/business. If over the next 6 months you could get £500's worth of work yourself its not worth it. What's that 50 customers? Some of which won't want a transfer or have an excuse now to cancel. Totally not worth it. I'd even have to think about it at 3x, all your paying for essentially is canvassing.

Exactly what i thought, 50 custies, 5 wont like wfp, 10 wnt want to pay online, a few more wont like me, itll just end up about 300 quids worth after a few months i can se it now. you are right bump ive changed my mind already lol

If your willing to spend 3 grand on getting £500's worth of business I'm sure everyone on here would agree there are far better ways to spend that money. I mean for £1000-£1,500 you could just get a canvasser to get you that work with a guarantee lol. You could pay for advertising, google rankings, paid facebook and so on all for far less with better results than 30 lol, that's £100 per customer, you'd be better off reducing your prices or paying your people £50 to clean their windows, you'd still be better off lol

mate better spend 3g with whizz bizz or get yourself a new piece equipment

u cud turn up nd they cud all say no on the basis of wat bump said

no likee online paye

no want wfp

no likeee u

i say x 4 max but he wud need to bring u round all the custies and intro u to them and explain the changes

u wud need to collect for first 2 months then start swapping them over

people r creautes of habit lol

Not a penny over 4 cleans for a 'WELL ESTABLISHED' round Adam, I would want to see some sort of historical records proving how long hes had all the work. It would have to be full names, address and phone numbers. Upon seeing this I would pay a 'deposit' and insist he drives me around the round and introduces me to the clients.

With £3k hire a local whipper snapper, tell them minimum wage for door knocking but each sign up they get you will pay 1 x clean as bonus AFTER you have telephoned the client to confirm all details.

Not a penny over 4 cleans for a 'WELL ESTABLISHED' round Adam, I would want to see some sort of historical records proving how long hes had all the work. It would have to be full names, address and phone numbers. Upon seeing this I would pay a 'deposit' and insist he drives me around the round and introduces me to the clients.
With £3k hire a local whipper snapper, tell them minimum wage for door knocking but each sign up they get you will pay 1 x clean as bonus AFTER you have telephoned the client to confirm all details.
Green. Sorry to jump in. I've just visited your website. I'm a wee bit confused over the two mobile numbers. One for contact. One for payment. All the same numbers. In a slightly different order. Nice site by the way.

I offered him 3x if he could show all records and introduce me to them all etc like green said. hes adamant he wants 6x so thats the end of that idea.

I would never pay another canvasser again unless there was some written contract on what i would get and refund policy, both times ive tried ive either been left out of pocket or had to work my **** off for not a lot of return, a LOT of hassle. Besides which ive contacted every known canvasser and ive either used them already or they wont come this far.

I was also offered a smaller amount of work £150 per month for 3x cleans but its low priced about 6 quid a pop, might be worth a punt if its really compact and he will take 2x i suppose.

I am not suggesting a canvasser Adam, I am suggesting a part time 'employee' to do your canvassing.

Minimum wage over say a 5 hour shift from 2pm till 7pm that's less than £35 then pay a 1 clean bonus for each lead that pans out to be genuine AFTER you have confirmed them.

Even if you trial it for a week you are looking at £175 and you know if the idea has legs or not. Even if only 3-4 leads a day, if you can 'firm up' 2 of those you are growing by 56 customers per month.

I am currently discussing options with a canvasser that will remain nameless for now. I will let you know what comes of it.

Make sure you leave the guy your number Adam, at 6 x cleans I am sure he will perhaps be calling you in month or so ready to negotiate. /emoticons/smile.png)

I paid £7000 for £1600 worth of monthly work roads full to the brim with customers all in a row long standing for over 10 years. These are things pretty much impossible to canvass imo prices were not the best but I've since upped. If it's local and compact plus long standing it's definitely worth 5 cleans. I've got friends who have paid canvassers and been completely knocked but with a long standing round a lot less people fall off as they have had clean windows for years now and would rather take the swap over then find someone new or have dirty windows. I also bought the round as trad round and used water fed pole from day one.

actually just found out its trad so proably not worth the risk trying to change it to wfp especially paying 6x?[/
I offered him 3x if he could show all records and introduce me to them all etc like green said. hes adamant he wants 6x so thats the end of that idea.
I would never pay another canvasser again unless there was some written contract on what i would get and refund policy, both times ive tried ive either been left out of pocket or had to work my **** off for not a lot of return, a LOT of hassle. Besides which ive contacted every known canvasser and ive either used them already or they wont come this far.

I was also offered a smaller amount of work £150 per month for 3x cleans but its low priced about 6 quid a pop, might be worth a punt if its really compact and he will take 2x i suppose.

The only thing you can't falsify in life is your vat return. GESTAPO. I've seen people reduce themselves to be only Welsh speaking to to avoid this, even Slovakians . HONESTY. TRUST. When you buy a round , scrutinise EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! DEMAND TO LOOK AT THEIR BANK STATEMENT! Trust ? It's just another word....similar to eh? Truss....but that's enough of my medical problems.If a man's had a round for a good few years then he will have respect for his clients.....as well as you.

I've always been told 4 times the value is fair for established work. I recently sold a whole road of terraced houses to another windie, and think this is fair for both parties

I've always been told 4 times the value is fair for established work. I recently sold a whole road of terraced houses to another windie, and think this is fair for both parties
It always used to be Steve. Trouble now being that there are too many of us. It's a sellers market. If you plan buying a round that's relatively young just be EXTREMELY cautious. If someone's selling a round that has been established for a good few years then it's a more solid punt.I'm totally upfront about everything, that's me...i just don't trust any other S.O.B. But like i've said earlier..never shy away from checking EVERYTHING before you buy. That includes checking canvassing companies. Get names, numbers, addresses....CHECK. IF IN DOUBT...LEAVE IT OUT. And never forget..............

If your Aunt had balls?

She'd be your Uncle!

If hes asking 6 then he is probably after 5. I'll be aiming for 5x if/when I ever sell mine. One day when you sell yours on, you'll understand the value a good round holds to you, and the blood sweat and tears that went into building that round.

If hes asking 6 then he is probably after 5. I'll be aiming for 5x if/when I ever sell mine. One day when you sell yours on, you'll understand the value a good round holds to you, and the blood sweat and tears that went into building that round.
Aye Tolish. I've moved a few times over the years and sold on in accordance. It's nice to be able to pass the peace on...and get a reasonable return for your toil.

I dread the day when I'll be forced to sell up. I know I would want to get back into it again, but I remember how rubbish the early days were, its a fear that keeps me pushing. 5x is like a nice send off for your troubles, and assuming you have handed over a good round, its the least that should be paid. I remember in posts gone by that I said anything over 2 or 3 times was a rip, but I consider that invalid now as now i have built a good round, I can understand what is worth. If someone wants it, they're going to have to pay.

if anyone on here was to sell for talks sake say @Green how much wud u ask ? x ?

i wud demand x6 as its solid and every customer is bulletproof data on them

name

address

phone numbers

email address

payment history

source of job

but why sell for ? if i wanted out i would bring someone in and let them do it at a very handsome wage wile stil getting a bit for doing nout

Latest Posts

Back