Pressure washing in Winter?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Ben23, Nov 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Evening all,

Haven't been on here for a while as have been focusing on my end of season garden services and doing the odd driveway/patio washing job here and there

What I wanted to ask today is if there's much call for pressure washing in the winter? its my first year with this service in my arsenal and the summer was fairly good with a lot of work from existing customers, the problem is that I want to expand and reach new clients with an advertising campaign in the local paper, but aren't sure whether its worth doing it now or better to lock down the business as per usual until the spring and really push the pressure washing aspect when the winters over?

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback you guys might have from your own experiances with this service over the winter.

Cheers

Ben

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Dead quiet for me, Eviestevie seems to stay busy, but I think on the whole, it isn't gonna be on customers minds in the winter,

It's defo a spring/summer job really

3. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Ah right, thought it might be, not a big problem as im fine with the end of season work until we get into December but wondered if it was worth pushing over the winter to keep me from losing my mind out of boredom :)

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Im saving the big leaflet drive for my customers till spring, when it's gonna be most likely for them to want it done :thumbsup:

No one wants a clean patio in winter, as there never outside...

5. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I picked massive one up today but I pushed hard in summer and have them lined up till end jan and all paid deposits for booking date

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

It slows down for me but I still get jobs come in, I start pushing the "slippy path" line.

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

It baffles me how you get so much pw work Evie!!

8. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Mate I pushed it hard all summer with the leaflets and selling it to customers
    I have 400 customers all with **** drives lol and they all have family so it really went from there
    I thought I'd get a couple but God I was wrong
    I turned 2 down last week because wanted doin ASAP told them spring
    I haven't had a weekend off since april

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Remember you saying mate, good work!

My leaflets are done, come April I'm gonna post a leaflet through all customers doors and really push it!

10. Ben23

Ben23 Member

Ive been getting most of my work from my maintenance customers but have yet to receive a call from leaflet drops to non existing customers houses....its a bit of a drag as you can see they need it doing but it dosent seem to cross their minds around here.....hence why I thought a newspaper ad/paid editorial might perk things up a bit. dosent seem a lot of point if its not a big winter thing though as I don't want to damage the winter fund too badly if its unlikley to get a return

Advertisement