Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moody bit of gear?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lukas87

Any more news on the moody looking tulsion? Ordered a small bag and says it's genuine but Gardiner website says there is not any genuine stuff in the UK ATM? 

IMAG1039.jpg

Hi Lukas I know someone who phoned the Director direct at Pure Freedom and after a heated exchange he finally admitted it was not Tulsion. The chap received a full refund.

The resin was black in colour and yours looks brown.

I have seen notes from companies supplied by Resin Products stating the black resin was diverted from America to U.K.

Thermax US confirmed to us that they have not shipped any resin to the UK. 

A sample has been sent to a lab which we received and hopefully we will have the results soon.

If the product was sold as the correct code and manufacturer there would be no problem. As it was labeled as MB 115 and advertised as MB 115 this conflicts with the Trade and Descuption Act.

We will have genuine Tulsion in stock on Monday but we expect that to be gone very quick.

Hi Lukas I know someone who phoned the Director direct at Pure Freedom and after a heated exchange he finally admitted it was not Tulsion. The chap received a full refund.

The resin was black in colour and yours looks brown.

I have seen notes from companies supplied by Resin Products stating the black resin was diverted from America to U.K.

Thermax US confirmed to us that they have not shipped any resin to the UK. 

A sample has been sent to a lab which we received and hopefully we will have the results soon.

If the product was sold as the correct code and manufacturer there would be no problem. As it was labeled as MB 115 and advertised as MB 115 this conflicts with the Trade and Descuption Act.

We will have genuine Tulsion in stock on Monday but we expect that to be gone very quick.
Thanks Doug i checked the website again they are now admitting it is not genuine tulsion but claim the stuff they are selling is as good as but thats not what the little note with my stuff said! its quite weird in colour like some of the normal colour stuff is mixed in with the black stuff either way your right they have lied about the product they are selling which is a bit naughty if you ask me!

Thanks Doug i checked the website again they are now admitting it is not genuine tulsion but claim the stuff they are selling is as good as but thats not what the little note with my stuff said! its quite weird in colour like some of the normal colour stuff is mixed in with the black stuff either way your right they have lied about the product they are selling which is a bit naughty if you ask me!

Its the quote as good as , bit like saying purchase a BMW and receive a Ford Ka as its good as. The one thing I noticed is the small bead size and how the black bead seemed to crush when rubbing it with your fingers. With the mesh size being so fine I very much doubt the performance will be the same or even 60% as good as the real product.

Its the quote as good as , bit like saying purchase a BMW and receive a Ford Ka as its good as. The one thing I noticed is the small bead size and how the black bead seemed to crush when rubbing it with your fingers. With the mesh size being so fine I very much doubt the performance will be the same or even 60% as good as the real product.
Do you know why there is such a shortage of genuine tulsion Doug? And if there is likely to continue to be a shortage?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had the black stuff delivered in unmarked bag sold as tulsion mb115. I have contacted the company who say they have had no complaints but mine definitely needs replacing much faster. Not happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I usually get my Tulsion from you Doug, but also as you had run short I purchased from a "reputable" supplier who has been mentioned on here when ordering the picture of the product was three bags displayed one had this black resin displayed an there was also a Tulsion bag displayed. I ordered and it expecting Tulsion when it came to the checkout the item flagged up it may be out of stock and a comparable product would be sent. As I was running out I ordered this product and consequently it has blocked my strainer several times and when emptied a black sludge as come out.

Having complained, the company has said they did not sell it as Tulsion which in my case was technically true and they also blame my Di vessel which is untrue having now obtained genuine Tulsion my system is now running again absolutely fine.
My case is that I was sold a product that is not fit for purpose and they are refusing to refund me.
The latest line they have sent me is a request for it back so they can test it. I'll send them a sample and demand a full refund (again). Failing that I'll consult Trading Standards
Interestingly they have now altered their advertising saying it may not be Tulsion after all. Hmmmm.

I usually use tulsion, think I may buy a bag of unger to tie me by, may not be as good as tulsion, but sounds like its better then the stuff they flogging

I tend not to disclose much on forums what is really happening as some people report and twist things I say but that is how business goes there is always someone out to get you.

Resin Products supply the likes of Pure Freedom, TCW, WCW the big players and small players like waterfedpole (How waterfedpole make money baffles me but they have numerous companies in CH)

As those who have been on this forum for a very long time you know I'm OCD with specification etc.. and when the subject crops up about poor quality resin the source is often from one of the above. So I put a plan into action to have our product named differently. This was stopped when it was reported to Customs and Excise in India by someone who had a grudge.

Loads of other things have happened and I would love to know what has been said, lol.

Speaking to the Thermax US they thought this product in plain bags looked the same bags as Aldex which Resin Products also supply. The resin itself is regenerated resin and looking at the specification the mesh size this is probably the product MB-1.

This is not the same quality as Tulsion MB-115 and is far inferior.

TCW and it looks like as well Pure Freedom have sent out letters stating this is Tulsion MB-115 with that product.

Did they know that it is not MB-115, not up to me to comment.

Any goods coming into the UK goes onto the customs data base so you cannot hide anything.

I know they imported Aldex last year but have seen nothing this year to date so this stock may or may not be old.

I cannot get involved in this as I did not purchase these goods but hopefully the information I have given you may help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back