Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Show me your setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

211b39c732df452db412bd6e9b59d1f2.jpg
/emoticons/wink.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@HALTON m8 go on Google images type In wfp set up transit or waterfed pole set up transit etc...you'll get tons of pics. They will often link to build threads etc

Hope that helps and good luck with new van

How did that video u made go down btw?

StorminNorman, it's just regular 8mm bore off eBay. Bit eye catching for potential walk ups /emoticons/wink.png

Daveyboy, atm I just switch the hoses between drums halfway through but still getting that issue.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the most reliable way to flush out an airlock? Can't find much detail on it

Make sure you have a weight on the bottom of each hose so its right at the bottom of the barrel.

You will still get an air lock if you go too far but if you leave a couple of inches or so of water before refilling it should emliminate most of the locks.

On my diy trolleys i had a connector a couple of inches from the pump on the outlet hose

If you get an airlock disconnect that and it will clear in 2 seconds flat as it isn't trying to push all the air out of the pole hose

Make sure you have a weight on the bottom of each hose so its right at the bottom of the barrel.
You will still get an air lock if you go too far but if you leave a couple of inches or so of water before refilling it should emliminate most of the locks.
I don't use weights Adam

I use a bit of upvc pipe cut to 1 inch off the bottom of a drum stuck in an old lid

20170124_182812.jpg

@daveyboy i did that with the plastic tube but found the hose still pulled out.

In the end all i did (sounds a bit crude but worked) was sellotaped an old spanner to the end of the hose and dropped it in, keeps the hose right at the bottom, then just keep barrel permanently fixed to trolley and fill up with bilge pump.

I only use a short hose, maybe 10 metres so any air locks clear in a few seconds, but rarely get them as i always refill before it gets empty.

Scrapped the trolley now and just use a backpack, find it a lot easier to just lift it up and whip round the back. Quite often what ill do is just put 10 litres or so it so its nice and light, do the back then do the front with the van mount. But i have very few jobs now that require a backpack

@HALTON m8 go on Google images type In wfp set up transit or waterfed pole set up transit etc...you'll get tons of pics. They will often link to build threads etcHope that helps and good luck with new van

How did that video u made go down btw?
Hi m8 hows things

The video I stopped promoting it as i didn't want to let new customers down the way the van is as its still running just so am only using it for close to hand reg work but once i get this transit i will be back at it

@HALTON sensible thing to do. What a **** start to the year. @adamangler sabotaged your van and then you did it to him /emoticons/tongue.png

All well here m8. Mild winter I know but still a shock to the system having started in spring last year..

Back